Natalie Wood was an American actress who began with her acting pursuits at a very young age and went on to appear in films and shows such as Rebel Without a Cause, From Here to Eternity, Brainstorm, This Property Is Condemned, Love With the Proper Stranger, Splendor in the Grass, Gypsy, Tomorrow Is Forever, The Last Married Couple in America, and The Candidate.
Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko (Наталья Николаевна Захаренко)
Natasha Gurdin, Nat
She was born on July 20, 1938.
On November 29, 1981, Natalie Wood passed away due to probable drowning and other undetermined factors at the age of 43 in the Pacific Ocean off Santa Catalina Island, California, United States.
Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Los Angeles, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Natalie Wood studied at Van Nuys High School as well as Hollywood Professional School.
- Father – Nikolai Stepanovich Zakharenko (Day Laborer, Carpenter)
- Mother – Maria Stepanovna Zakharenko (née Zudilova)
- Sibling – Lana Wood (a.k.a Svetlana Gurdin) (Younger Sister) (Actress, Film Producer)
- Others – Olga Viripaeff (Older Maternal Half-Sister)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalie Wood had dated –
- Paul Newman – Rumor
- Sal Mineo – Rumor
- Tab Hunter
- Adam West
- Raymond Burr
- Nicholas Ray (1955) – Rumor
- Scott Marlowe (1956)
- Robert Wagner (1957-1962, 1972-1981) – She married actor Robert Wagner on December 28, 1957, in Scottsdale, Arizona. However, they later divorced on April 27, 1962. The duo remarried on July 16, 1972, and remained together until her death in 1981. They were also blessed with a daughter named Courtney Wagner (b. March 9, 1974).
- Robert Vaughn (1956)
- Lance Reventlow (1957)
- Tom Courtenay (1964)
- Sandy Whitelaw (1964)
- David Niven Jr. (1964)
- Ladislav Blatnik (1965)
- Arthur M. Loew Jr. (1966)
- Henry Jaglom (1966)
- Richard Gregson (1969-1972) – She married British producer Richard Gregson on May 30, 1969, and they had a daughter Natasha Gregson Wagner (b. September 29, 1970). Later, Natalie Wood filed for divorce on August 4, 1971, and it was finalized on April 12, 1972.
- Steve McQueen (1971)
- Jerry Brown (1971)
- Donald Wilson (1973-1977)
- (1981) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Natalie Wood was of Russian and Ukrainian descent.
- Petite frame
- Often played vulnerable characters
She grew up as a Russian Orthodox.
Natalie Wood Favorite Things
- Actress –
- Singer –
Natalie Wood Facts
- According to her sister Lana, she was discovered by actor and director Irving Pichel who also wanted to adopt her.
- Natalie Wood was cast as Judy in the 1955 drama film, Rebel Without a Cause, and for this role, she won the 1957 Golden Globe Award for “New Star of the Year – Actress” and was also honored with the Star of Tomorrow Award by the National Association of Theatre Owners in 1956.
- Life magazine credited her as “The Most Beautiful Teenager in the World” in 1955.
- She was fluent in both English and Russian.
- Natalie Wood was ranked at number #70 on the “100 greatest stars of all time” list curated by Entertainment Weekly.
- The pallbearers at her funeral were Rock Hudson, Frank Sinatra, Laurence Olivier, Elia Kazan, , David Niven, and Fred Astaire.
Featured Image by Allan Warren / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Natalie Wood
- full nameNatalie Wood
- Date of Birth July 20, 1938
- Age 83 years 6 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- weight50 kg
- height5 ft 2 in