Nathan Coulter-Nile is an Australian professional cricketer who has served his country’s national team in the 2 limited-overs formats of international cricket with his metronomic pace bowling and more than handy lower-order batting capabilities. Once touted as a surefire member of the playing XI for Australia, his international career has acquired a stop-start nature due to a string of recurring injuries. He has, however, featured regularly in franchise-based T20 competitions such as the IPL (Indian Premier League) and the BBL (Big Bash League).
He splits his time between Perth, Western Australia, Australia and Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nathan has dated –
- Ruby Osman Mulraney – They have a daughter together named Amelie Coulter-Nile (b. 2009).
- Shani Blay – They have a son together who was born in March 2019.
- Short-cropped wavy hair
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Often sports a lightly trimmed beard
Nathan has served as the brand ambassador for the sporting goods manufacturer Southern Cross Cricket.
Nathan Coulter-Nile Favorite Things
- Indian City – New Delhi
- Australian Cities – Perth, Gold Coast
- Travel Destinations – France, Iceland
- Airport – Changi Airport, Singapore
- Travel Gadget – iPod
- Interests/Hobbies – Watching movies, Listening to Music
- Adventure Sports – Abseiling, Rock Climbing
Source – ,
Nathan Coulter-Nile Facts
- In his formative years, Nathan had trained at the Dennis Lillee Fast Bowling Academy in his hometown of Perth. He played representative cricket at age-group level for several years for his home state of Western Australia and in the 2012–13 season, he was honored with the Laurie Sawle Medal which is awarded annually to Western Australia’s player of the season.
- In an interview, Nathan recounted his rags-to-riches story. He was a part of the state-level Western Australia state team but was in dire financial straits and was unsure whether cricket was the right career choice. He went out for dinner with his teammates when the auction for the 2013 IPL was on. By the time their dinner was finished, he had been bought for USD 450k by the Mumbai Indians franchise. It turned his life around overnight.
- Although his primary trade is frontline pace bowling, his first call up to a senior Australian squad, during the 2013 Champions Trophy, was for his all-round skills more than for his bowling.
- For his performances in the 2013 Champions League, he was named in ESPN Cricinfo’s ‘Team of the Tournament’. He was also named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’ for the IPL’s 2017 edition by Cricbuzz.
- In a league stage match of the 2019 World Cup against the West Indies, Nathan scored a career-best 92 not out which was the highest score by a batsman batting at number 8 or lower in the history of the World Cup.
- He is often regarded as one of the finest fielders in Australia but also suffered a very embarrassing moment on the field due to the same discipline. He had joined the game as a substitute fielder during an Ashes Test Match in the 2013-14 season when he accidentally flicked a catch into the crowd after momentum had carried him over the boundary rope.
- Nathan’s father, Steve Nile, recounted a funny incident during an interview that gave birth to a weird family superstition. He stated that he was once attending one of his son’s state-level games when Nathan hit a six into the crowd. The ball came straight to Steve and he threw it back to the ground. But, as fate would have it, Nathan was dismissed off the very next ball. It was decided that no family member would ever lay hands on the ball in any of Nathan’s games thereafter.
Featured Image by Nathan Coulter-Nile / Instagram
Facts of Nathan Mitchell Coulter-Nile
- Gender Male
- full nameNathan Mitchell Coulter-Nile
- middle nameMitchell
- birthplaceOsborne Park, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Date of Birth October 11, 1987
- Age 34 years 1 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAustralian
- net worth$5 million
- weight84 kg or 185 lbs
- height6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorLight Brown
- body type / buildAthletic
- collegeAquinas College
- fatherSteve Nile