Nella Rose is a British YouTuber, entrepreneur, and social media influencer who is best known for her self-titled YouTube channel where she has garnered more than 500k subscribers and where her content revolves around the themes of fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and makeup, through a mix of vlogs, challenge videos, storytime videos, and shopping hauls. She has often collaborated with fellow British social media star and beauty vlogger for her videos. She has developed a strong following on Instagram as well with more than 300k followers on the platform. Nella is also the founder and CEO of the online unisex streetwear store faceslondon.co.uk. In 2020, she was named ‘YouTuber of the Year’ by UK-based fashion retailer PrettyLittleThing.
London, England, United Kingdom
Nella, after her high school graduation, had attended the University of Leicester from where she had graduated in May 2019.
YouTuber, Entrepreneur, Social Media Influencer
- Father – He had passed away in May 2020.
- Mother – She had passed away in August 2016.
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
5 ft 9 in 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde, silver, platinum, pink, red, green, or blue.
- Curvaceous figure
- Bulky frame
- Plump lips
- Gleaming face
- Affable smile
- Ever-changing hairstyle
She has served as the brand ambassador of the plus-sized clothing brand Fashion Nova Curve.
Nella Rose Facts
- She had created her YouTube channel in April 2015 when she had just joined university. This was the time that she was obsessed with vlogging and had kicked off her channel with a string of beauty-related videos.
- Born and raised in Belgium, she had moved with her family to the United Kingdom while she was in middle school and eventually settled in London where she received her secondary and higher education.
- In April 2020, she had faced severe backlash on social media after some of her racist tweets dating as far back as 2012 were brought to public attention. In the tweets, she had made derogatory comments about people of African descent in general and Somalians in particular. She responded by saying that she was unconditionally sorry for her actions and explained that she was just a teenager then and had written those tweets out of a sense of anger and frustration having been subjected to race and body shaming-based bullying all her life.
- She explained that she was ‘tired and ashamed of being an African’ and had wanted to distance herself from her own identity and become more affable to her ‘white’ schoolmates by passing dismissive and demeaning comments against ‘black’ people. There were mixed reactions to the episode as she lost nearly 70k followers and subscribers on the one hand while she also received plenty of support from those who could understand the predicament of a young girl dealing with several kinds of stress including the deteriorating health of her father at the time her tweets were revealed publicly.
Featured Image by Nella Rose / Instagram
Facts of Nella Rose
- full nameNella Rose
- weight68 kg
- height5 ft 9 in