Pallonji Mistry is a self-made billionaire business tycoon who is the chairman of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group. Besides that, he is also the richest Irish citizen. His estimated net worth in October 2019, according to Forbes was at US $ 14.4. billion. Pallonji is also one of the biggest shareholders of the Tata Group with a 66% controlling interest of the Tata philanthropic Allied Trusts.
He was born in 1929.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pallonji’s name has been linked with –
- Patsy Perin Dubash – The couple has 4 children, 2 boys named, Cyrus Pallonji Mistry (b. July 4, 1968) and Shapoor Mistry as well as 2 daughters named, Aloo Mistry and Laila Mistry.
- Partially bald
- Round face shape
- Sports a thick mustache
Pallonji Mistry Facts
- He was raised in a Parsi family that was originally from Gujarat.
- His father Shapoorji bought shares in Tata Sons in 1930. Until 2020, those shares have made Pallonji the largest shareholder in Tata Sons with an astonishing 18.9%.
- Pallonji also inherited his father’s construction business called the Shapoorji Pallonji Construction Limited that built various well-known buildings such as the Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank, the Grindlays Bank, the Standard Chartered Bank, the State Bank of India, as well as the Reserve Bank of India to name a few.
- He is the owner of the Forbes Textiles and Eureka Forbes Limited through the Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
- Pallonji was previously the chairman of Associated Cement Companies.
- In 1976, he took on his first foreign project which was for the palace of the Sultan of Oman.
- US $20 billion of Pallonji’s was seized as a result of a legal battle against Tata Group in 2019.
- According to an article posted by Forbes, Pallonji was said to have lost US $2.9 billion in a year in 2019, as his net worth dropped from $17.8 billion in 2018 to $15 billion in 2019.
- Mistry lost the whopping US $281 million as a result of a market crash in August 2019.
- The Shapoorji Pallonji Group was founded in 1865.
- In the year 2003, he became an Irish citizen after sacrificing his Indian citizenship.
Featured Image By Business Insider
Facts of Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry
- Gender Male
- full namePallonji Shapoorji Mistry
- middle nameShapoorji
- nicknamesPhantom of Bombay House
- Date of Birth December 03, 2020
- Age 1 years 1 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 1
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundGujarati
- net worth$25.7 Billion
- professionBusiness Tycoon
- weight89 kg or 196 lbs
- height5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
- hair colorWhite
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeImperial College
- fatherShapoorji Pallonji