Pearl is the drag persona of American drag performer and record producer, Matthew James Lent. She is best known for being a contestant on the 7th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race and ending up as a runner-up. She has a strong social media fan base and has amassed over 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
New York City, New York, United States
- Siblings – She has an older sister and a younger sister.
Pearl is represented by Anthony of Neverland Events & Artist Management.
Pearl has released her music via Sidecar Records & Producer Entertainment Group.
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Pearl has not dated anyone publicly yet but she has revealed her ideal type of man as someone who is a gentleman, can make her laugh, and has a super open mind. She has also said that he should not be a freak and should not do crystal meth.
Matthew is openly gay whereas his drag persona Pearl is bisexual.
Pearl has done endorsement work for brands like Xyrena.
Best Known For
- Being the drag persona of drag performer and record producer, Matthew James Lent
- Ending up as the first runner-up on the 7th season of ‘s Drag Race
Pearl released her first album, Pleasure, in June 2015. The album contained 15 tracks and peaked at number 11 on the U.S. Billboard Dance /Electronic Albums chart and reached number 16 on the Heatseekers chart.
First TV Show
Pearl made her first TV show appearance in RuPaul’s Drag Race in 2015.
First Web Series
She made her first web series appearance in the series, Untucked, in 2015.
Pearl Favorite Things
- Drag Queens – Dallas Dellaforce, Coco Peru, Lady Bunny
- Musicians – Miss Kittin, Peaches
- Pearl has stated her one of the happiest memories to be the one when she had turned 16 and moved out of her parents’ house to live independently.
- When she was younger, she used to draw rich old ladies with big diamond rings and furs, which later inspired her drag persona, Pearl.
- Pearl began her career in drag in 2012 after moving to Chicago.
- She first began doing drag as a hobby but soon she was being booked for her performances.
- She participated in the 7th season of reality television series, RuPaul’s Drag Race, which aired on the Logo TV in 2015 and she ended up as a runner-up.
- Previously, she attracted a lot of attention with her claims in an interview that RuPaul mistreats the other people on the sets of RuPaul’s Drag Race. She has revealed that when she expressed her love for the famous drag queen behind the camera, RuPaul coldly told her that nothing she says matters till the camera is on. She has even claimed that after the interview came out, she got a call from a producer who told her that she would never be invited to All Stars again.
- In June 2015, she announced her own perfume called Flazéda, for which she collaborated with the perfume company, Xyrena, and became the first Drag Race member to release a scent.
- Visit her official website @ pearlsworld.com.
- Follow Pearl on , , and .
Featured Image by Pearl / Instagram
Facts of Matthew James Lent
- Gender Female
- full nameMatthew James Lent
- nicknamesPearl Liaison
- birthplaceSt. Petersburg, Florida, United States
- Date of Birth September 11, 1990
- Age 32 years 8 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- net worth$2 million
- professionDrag Queen, Record Producer, Singer, Actress
- weight68 kg or 150 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- hair colordark brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim