Peter Mullan is a BAFTA and Primetime Emmy Award-nominated Scottish actor and filmmaker who is distinguished for his portrayal of Joe Kavanagh in My Name Is Joe (1998) and as Daniel Dillon in The Claim (2000). Other than that, he has also worked in more than 2 dozen other hit films and shows including Harry Potter, Ozark, Top Of The Lake, War Horse, and Children of Men.
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
He joined the University of Glasgow in 1977, where he studied Economic History and Drama.
In the past, he had enrolled at the National Film School but got rejected.
- Father – Charles Mullan (Lab Technician)
- Mother – Patricia Mullan (Nurse)
- Siblings – Lenny Mullan (Brother). He has 5 other older siblings and 1 younger sibling.
Mullan is represented by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mullan’s name has been linked to –
- Ann Swan (1989-2006) – The couple has 3 children – 2 daughters named Katrin Mullan, Mairi Mullan, and a son named Paddy Mullan.
- Robina Qureshi – The couple has 1 child together, a girl named Sophia Mullan.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish and somewhat Irish ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- Sports a thick rugged beard
- Mostly plays abusive drunk roles
Peter Mullan Favorite Things
- TV Show As A Child – The Prisoner (1967)
Peter Mullan Facts
- He was brought up as the 2nd youngest child in a Roman Catholic household.
- During his younger years, the family moved from Peterhead to Mosspark, Glasgow.
- Peter’s father Charles was tyrannical and abusive due to his increased abuse of alcohol. Sadly, he died due to lung cancer when Peter was only 17 years old and that too on the first day of Peter’s college joining where he had been working as a teacher.
- Peter went down the wrong path for a short while during his secondary school years as he had joined a street gang. Other than that, Peter also worked as a bouncer at pubs in the south-side of his town.
- During his college years, he would take part in disco-dancing competitions to make money.
- At the age of 15 and 18, Peter was homeless for small periods of time.
- After he completed his graduation at the University of Glasgow, he started his acting career.
- Mullan received critical acclaim for his direction in the film The Magdalene Sisters (2002).
- He is said to be a self-styled Marxist.
- Mullan was one of many actors who protested against BBC’s decision to not screen an appeal for Gaza made by the Disasters Emergency Committee.
- Peter supported the 2014 Scottish independence referendum’s Yes Scotland campaign.
- While filming The Claim in the Canada Rockies in the year 2000, he had to be rushed to hospital after contracting hypothermia due to a 6-hour long shoot in the snow.
Featured Image By Dylan Southern / Instagram
Facts of Peter Mullan
- full namePeter Mullan
- Date of Birth November 02, 1959
- Age 62 years 1 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- weight72 kg
- height5 ft 8 in