Phillipa Soo is an American actress and singer who shot to fame after originating the role of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton in the smash-hit Broadway musical Hamilton (2015-2016) which earned her a coveted Tony Award nomination in 2016 in the category of ‘Best Actress in a Musical’. She is also well recognized for playing the character of Natasha Rostova in numerous New York productions of Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 (2012-2014), and for playing the lead role of Amélie Poulain, in the stage musical Amélie (2016-2017). Phillipa has also made appearances in several TV series such as Smash (2013) and The Code (2019).
Phillipa Anne Soo
Libertyville, Lake County, Illinois, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Phillipa had graduated from the Libertyville High School in 2008. She then joined the renowned Juilliard School‘s acting program in New York and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2012.
- Father – David Soo (Doctor)
- Mother – Sheila Chapman
- Others – Michael Pasquale (Businessman) (Father-in-Law), Pamela Pasquale (Mother-in-Law), Jonas Chapman (Maternal Grandfather), Frederick Lesslie Chapman (Maternal Great Grandfather), Anna Mae Eater (Maternal Great Grandmother), Anna Mae Page (Maternal Grandmother), Raleigh Rowe Page (Maternal Great Grandfather), Edith Rosella Hill (Maternal Great Grandmother). She has an older brother-in-law (Businessperson), an older sister-in-law (Businessperson), and a younger sister-in-law (Psychologist, Social Worker).
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Phillipa has dated –
- (2015-Present) – Phillipa began dating fellow American actor and singer Steven Pasquale in 2015 and the couple got engaged in February 2016. They got married on September 24, 2017. She has a step-daughter named Maddie Pasquale (b. 1997) from an unnamed relationship in Steven’s past. Phillipa and Steven acted opposite each other in a 2019 episode of the military drama TV series The Code.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Chinese descent on her father’s side and English, Scottish, and Irish descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Phillipa Soo Facts
- For Phillipa’s work in the musical Hamilton (2015-2016), apart from bagging a Tony Award nomination, she won the ‘Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical’ award at the 2015 Lucille Lortel Awards, the ‘Most Promising Female Performer’ award at the 2016 Clarence Derwent Awards, and the ‘Best Musical Theater Album’ award at the 2016 Grammy Awards.
- She performed at the White House on March 14, 2016, with the original cast of Hamilton.
- For her portrayal of Rebecca in the Broadway play The Parisian Woman (2017-2018), she won the ‘Favorite Featured Actress in a Play’ at the 2018 Broadway.com Audience Awards.
- She voiced several small characters in the 2016 3D animated musical adventure film Moana.
Featured Image by Phillipa Soo / Instagram
Facts of Phillipa Soo
- full namePhillipa Soo
- Date of Birth May 31, 1990
- Age 31 years 6 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- weight59 kg
- height5 ft 8 in