Queen Máxima of the Netherlands is the spouse of King Willem-Alexander who became the first Argentine-born queen consort in the history of the Netherlands on April 30, 2013.
Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti
Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Huis ten Bosch, The Hague, Netherlands
Queen Máxima studied at Northlands School and then graduated from the Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (UCA) in 1995 with a degree in Economics.
She pursued her further education in the United States and secured a Master’s degree.
Member of the Dutch Royal Family, Former Teacher, Former Investment Banker
- Father – Jorge Zorreguieta (Served as Secretary of Agriculture under General Jorge Rafael Videla during Argentina’s last civil-military dictatorship)
- Mother – María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart
- Siblings – Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti (Younger Brother), Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (Younger Brother), Inés Zorreguieta (Younger Sister)
- Others – Prince Claus of the Netherlands (Father-In-Law), Beatrix of the Netherlands (Mother-In-Law) (Queen of the Netherlands from 1980 until her abdication in 2013), Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau (Late Brother-In-Law), Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (Brother-In-Law), María Zorreguieta López (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Ángeles Zorreguieta López (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Dolores Zorreguieta López (Older Paternal Half-Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Queen Máxima has dated –
- (1999-Present) – The duo first met in Seville, Spain during the Seville Spring Fair in April 1999 and eventually married on February 2, 2002, in a civil ceremony in the Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam, followed by a religious ceremony at Amsterdam’s Nieuwe Kerk (“New Church”). They parent 3 daughters – (b. December 7, 2003), (b. June 26, 2005), and (b. April 10, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
She is of Argentinian (Italian, Spanish (Andalusian, Canary Islander, Cantabrian, Castilian, Extremaduran, and Leonese), Basque, and Portuguese), and Indigenous Peruvian (Quechua) descent.
- Tall stature
- High cheekbones
Queen Máxima of the Netherlands Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in the Recoleta neighborhood of Buenos Aires city.
- She is named after her paternal great-grandmother, Máxima Bonorino González.
- Queen Máxima is the godmother to Countess Sophie Philippa Máxima Walburga Marie of Waldburg-Zeil, Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, and Countess Leonore Marie Irene Enrica of Orange-Nassau.
- Since April 30, 2013, her full title has been “Her Majesty Queen Maxima, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau”.
Featured Image by RVD, Jeroen van der Meyde / / Public Domain
Facts of Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
- full nameQueen Máxima of the Netherlands
- Date of Birth May 17, 1971
- Age 50 years 6 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- weight62 kg
- height5 ft 10 in