Raf Simons is a Belgian fashion designer who is known for having worked with some big names of the fashion industry as he has served as the creative director at Christian Dior as well as the chief creative officer of .
Raf Jan Simons
Neerpelt, Limburg, Belgium
Raf Simons studied at the LUCA School of Arts located in Genk and graduated from there with a degree in Industrial Design and Furniture Design in 1991.
- Father – Jacques Simons (An army night watchman)
- Mother – Alda Beckers (A house cleaner)
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raf Simons has dated –
- Veronique Branquinho – He was previously in a relationship with a lady named Veronique Branquinho and they, along with the likes of Olivier Rizzo, Willy Vanderperre, and David Vandewal, used to meet at Antwerp cafe Witzli-Poetzli during their younger days and discuss fashion.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Lean body
- Impeccable fashion sense
Raf Simons Favorite Things
- Female Artists – Cady Noland, Cindy Sherman, Rosemarie Trockel, Isa Genzken
- Band – Kraftwerk
Source – ,
Raf Simons Facts
- Before making it big as a fashion designer, Raf Simons used to work as a furniture designer for various galleries and between the years 1991 and 1993, he worked as an intern at the design studio of Walter Van Beirendonck. It was Van Beirendonck himself who took him to the Paris Fashion Week and that was when Raf Simons saw his life’s first-ever fashion show i.e. Martin Margiela’s all-white show in 1991. That’s also when he was inspired to pursue a career as a fashion designer.
- Raf Simons launched his self-titled menswear label in 1995. He was encouraged to do so by the then head of the fashion department at the Antwerp Royal Academy, Linda Loppa.
- He taught Fashion at the University of Applied Arts Vienna from October 2000 to June 2005.
- In 2003, Raf Simons was awarded the Swiss Textiles Award which also included material benefits at the value of €100,000.
- He joined the Jil Sander label in June 2005 as its Creative Director.
- Apart from his mainstream profession, he has also served as a consultant for the Cigrang Freres art collection in Belgium.
- Raf Simons is a huge admirer of the works of the Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, and ceramicist, Pablo Picasso.
- He was interviewed by , the American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and fashion designer, in 2008 for Interview magazine.
- Kanye West has been a huge fan of the designer and has said that Raf Simons has been the inspiration behind his 4th studio album titled 808s & Heartbreak. West has also said that Simons has been a primary influence for his first runway collection (known as Yeezy Season 1).
- Some other artists and celebrities who admire the renowned designer are , , , , , , , and .
- Raf Simons enjoys drinking Coca-Cola Zero and has said that he can drink it all day, every day.
- He has a dog named Luka.
- He has often been accused of racism for not allowing models of color on his catwalk shows.
- A song titled RAF was released in 2017 by the hip hop collective, A$AP MOB, and it featured artists like , , Lil Uzi Vert, and .
Featured Image by Raf Simons / Instagram
Facts of Raf Simons
- full nameRaf Simons
- Date of Birth January 12, 1968
- Age 53 years 10 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- weight70 kg
- height6 ft