Rani Mukerji is an Indian film actress. She is best known for playing the characters such as Tina Malhotra in the Indian Hindi-language romantic drama film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Alisha in Indian Hindi-language action crime drama film Ghulam, Saamiya Siddiqui in Indian romantic drama film Veer-Zaara, Maya Talwar in the Indian musical romantic drama film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Rhea Prakash in Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy Hum Tum, and many more. Apart from that, she has won several awards in her long career. She has also served as a talent judge for the 2009 reality show Dance Premier League. Rani was also one of the highest-paid actresses of the 2000s.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rani has dated –
- (2005-2007) – Rani began dating famous Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan in 2005. The relationship, however, did not last long and they decided to break up in 2007.
- (2007-Present) – Rani began dating Indian filmmaker Aditya Chopra in 2007. The couple tied the knot on April 21, 2014, in a private ceremony in Italy. They became proud parents to daughter Adira Chopra on December 9, 2015.
- Coarse Voice
- Charming Eyes
Rani Mukerji has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Dabur Amla
- Raga Crystals
- Good Knight
- Anu Saree
Best Known For
- Being an Indian film actress and having received several awards, including Filmfare Award
- Playing roles including Tina Malhotra in the Indian Hindi-language romantic drama film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Alisha in Indian Hindi-language action crime drama film Ghulam, Saamiya Siddiqui in Indian romantic drama film Veer-Zaara, Maya Talwar in the Indian musical romantic drama film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Rhea Prakash in Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy Hum Tum, and many more
- Being a talent judge for the 2009 reality show Dance Premier League
- Being the wife of the famous Indian Film director Aditya Chopra
Rani briefly appeared in an Indian Bengali romantic comedy film titled Biyer Phool in 1996. But, she made her theatrical film debut in the film Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat in 1996. In the film, she played the character of Mala Raj Bahadur Diwanchand.
First TV Show
Rani made her first TV show appearance on the reality show Super 7 as “Herself” in 1998.
Rani tries to keep herself fit by working out on a regular basis. Her work out routine includes stretching exercises and . she also practices 3 times a week.
As far as her eating habits are concerned, she eats every 4 hours and her meals are small and consume a lot of water.
Rani Mukerji Favorite Things
- Younger Actor –
Rani Mukerji Facts
- Although Rani’s parents and relatives were members of the Indian film industry, she never wanted to be an actress.
- When she was young, her first encounter with acting happened when she played a supporting role in her father’s Bengali language film Biyer Phool in 1996.
- She began taking dance lessons while she was in 10th grade and is a trained Odissi dancer.
- In 1994, Rani was approached by to play the lead role in his film Aa Gale Lag Jaa but her father did not want her to have a full-time career in films at such a young age so she had to turn it down.
- Later, Salim Khan again approached her with another project, a social drama titled Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat which she accepted after being insisted on by her mother. For the film, she also took acting lessons at Roshan Taneja’s acting institute.
- Although Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat did not work at the box office, Rani’s performance got critical acclaim and she was also presented with a special recognition trophy at the annual Screen Awards.
- Her first commercially successful film was Vikram Bhatt’s film Ghulam in 1998 opposite the famous Indian actor in which she became famous for the song Aati Kya Khandala.
- Her original voice was not used in the film Ghulam because of her coarse voice and a dubbing artist was hired by the director to had a much higher-pitched voice. When asked about the same, she said that her original voice did not suit the character.
- In 1998, she was signed for the role of Tina in director directorial debut film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, a role that was originally written for actress Twinkle Khanna.
- In 2003, Rani replaced in Aziz Mirza directed romance movie Chalte Chalte opposite actor .
- Rani won “Best Actress” award for her role in rom-com Hum Tum and the “Best Supporting Actress” for Indian political thriller Yuva at the 50th Filmfare Awards in 2005. This made her the only actress to win in both these categories in the same year.
- Rani took a 4-year break from acting after the birth of her daughter and made her comeback to films with the comedy-drama Hichki in 2018.
- Apart from acting, she also participates in charitable causes and has spoken openly regarding issues faced by women and children and served as an ambassador for Shiksha that was a joint venture of organizations Procter & Gamble and the NGO Child Rights and You, to endorse the cause of children’s education.
- She has also been a part of various tours such as Temptations 2004 and 2005 where she performed alongside other famous Bollywood celebrities.
- She describes herself as someone who is a happy, strong and honest person.
- Rani Mukerji does not have any official social media handle.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0
Facts of Rani Mukerji
- Gender Female
- full nameRani Mukerji
- birthplaceMumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Date of Birth March 21, 1978
- Age 45 years 2 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- net worth$13 million
- weight58 kg or 128 lbs
- height5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorLight Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolManeckji Cooper High School
- collegeSNDT Women’s University
- motherKrishna Mukherjee
- fatherRam Mukherjee
- brothersRaja Mukherjee