Raquel Pennington is an American mixed martial artist who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship women’s bantamweight division. As of her 2020 records, she has an overall tally of 18 competitions with 10 wins – 1 by knockout, 3 by submission, and 6 via unanimous decision. In 2019, she made her way to the no. 5 spot in the UFC women’s bantamweight rankings, making her one of the most accomplished MMA fighters in UFC.
She self-manages herself.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raquel Pennington has dated –
- Tecia Torres – Raquel Pennington is engaged to UFC Strawweight, Tecia Torres.
Raquel Pennington Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
Raquel Pennington Facts
- She is an ultimate sportsperson and grew up playing many sports including basketball, softball, running cross country, and volleyball.
- When she was younger, she had always wanted to box.
- Although her parents weren’t supportive of her and would not let her fight, she was persistent and began her martial arts training at the age of 19.
- From 2009 to 2011, Pennington competed in amateur MMA and has compiled a record of 7 wins and 1 loss, 5 of which she won by submission.
- In March 2012, she made her professional debut against Kim Couture and won via TKO.
- On July 28, 2012, she made her Invicta Fighting Championships promotional debut against Sarah Moras at the Invicta FC 2 wherein she won via unanimous decisions. Although she had a victorious debut in the Invicta Fighting Championships, it was followed by consecutive losses; one to Cat Zinganao and another one to Leslie Smith.
- In August 2013, she was announced as a cast member of The Ultimate Fighter: Team vs Team Fate. She conquered veteran Tonya Evinger by submission due to a guillotine choke in the first round.
- On November 30, 2013, she made her winning promotional debut in a match against TUF 18 teammate Roxanne Modafferi at The Ultimate Fighter 18 finale where she won via unanimous decision.
- During her UFC journey, she fought against Ashlee Evans-Smith, , Jéssica Andrade, and . She also won her final UFC fight against her former TUF Coach, Tate, via unanimous decision.
- After she went on a hiatus for more than a year, she made her comeback by facing at the UFC 224 in a UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship bout dated May 12, 2018. She lost the match via TKO in the 5th round.
- Pennington’s fight against Nunes was the first event in the UFC history to be attended by 2 openly gay MMA fighters.
- On November 10, 2018, she made her comeback at the UFC Fight Night 139 against former UFC featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie but lost via unanimous decision.
- She faced Irene Aldana at UFC on ESPN 4 on July 20, 2019, and won via split decision. On October 6, 2019, she was set to compete against Holm but the bout was later canceled as it was announced that Holm had to withdraw due to a hamstring injury. The fight was rescheduled on January 18, 2020, during which Pennington lost via unanimous decision.
Featured Image by NATHANIEL GARCIA PHOTOGRAPHY / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Raquel Len Pennington
- Gender Female
- full nameRaquel Len Pennington
- middle nameLen
- birthplaceColorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- Date of Birth September 05, 1988
- Age 33 years 3 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAmerican
- net worth$1.5 million
- professionMixed Martial Artist
- weight61 kg or 134.5
- height5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolHarrison High School
- collegeUniversity of Colorado Colorado Springs