Ravi Shastri is a former Indian cricketer and commentator who is best known for his “chapati shot” and contribution to the Indian national team from 1981 to 1992. However, he was also criticized by many for the loss of his form at crucial times. As of 2019, Ravi served as the head coach of the Indian national cricket team. With time, Shahtri has amassed a huge fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 750k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravi Shastri’s name has been linked with –
- Amrita Singh – According to sources, Ravi had been engaged to actress Amrita Singh.
- Gabriela Sabatini – Ravi once claimed to have dated Argentinian tennis player Gabriela Sabatini. However, when Sabatini was asked about him she responded with “Who is this Ravi Shastri.”
- Ritu Singh (1990-2012) – Ravi got married to Ritu Singh in 1990. They have a daughter named, Aleka Shastri.
- Nimrat Kaur (2018) – Rumor
- Tall physique
- Roman nose shape
Ravi has appeared in commercials for various brands including Thums Up.
Through his social media, he has endorsed various brands such as iPro Sport India.
Ravi Shastri Facts
- He was brought up in Bombay.
- During his teenage years, Shastri took the sport of cricket very seriously.
- His potential to play cricket was first noticed while he studied at Don Bosco and helped his team make it to the 1976 inter-school Giles Shield final but lost to St Mary’s.
- Under his captainship, his high school team won the Giles Shield for the first time in history the following year.
- Shastri trained under the careful guidance of former Tatas and Dadar Union cricketer B.D. Desai.
- He gave cricketer the nickname of “Boom Boom Afridi.”
- It is said that Vasant Amladi and VS Patil played an important role in the development of Shastri’s form.
- In January 1985, he hit 6 sixes in an over which at the time had only accomplished by West Indies cricketer Garry Sobers.
- Shastri was in his final year of college when he was called out to play at the Ranji Trophy from Bombay. This made him the youngest player ever to have been chosen to play for Bombay at the age of 17 and 292 days.
- 18 months after he was chosen for his debut international test match, Ravi who had earlier been 10th in the batting order started coming on to the field as an opening batsman.
- Ravi was not chosen to be part of the “1983 World Cup.”
Featured Image By Ravi Shastri / Instagram
Facts of Ravishankar Jayadritha Shastri
- Gender Male
- full nameRavishankar Jayadritha Shastri
- middle nameJayadritha
- birthplaceBombay, Maharashtra, India
- Date of Birth May 27, 1962
- Age 60 years 2 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundMangalorean
- net worth$ 8 Million
- professionFormer Cricketer, Former Commentator, Cricket Coach
- weight101 kg or 222.5 lbs
- height6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- high schoolDon Bosco High School
- collegeR.A. Podar College
- motherLakshmi Shastri
- fatherM. Jayadratha Shastri