Rebecca Lee Skloot, better known as Rebecca Skloot, is a very renowned non-fiction author who writes about science and medicine. She has written several numbers of books based on science and developments in and about treatment. Her work on science and medicine has been very much appreciated among the masses, so much so that renowned directors and play-writers have taken interest and made her books into movies.
Well, how well do you know about Rebecca Skloot? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Rebecca Skloot’s net worth in 2021, her age, height, weight, boyfriend, husband, kids, biography and complete details about her life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Rebecca Skloot to date.
Biography and Early Life-
Rebecca Lee Skloot was borne to Floyd Skloot and Betsy McCarthy in Springfield, Illinois in U.S. Skloot’s father, Floyd, was a well-known poet, novelist, and essayist. In contrast, her mother, Betsy, was a professional knitter and pattern book author.
Skloot hailed from a partly Jewish and partly Midwestern Protestant background; however, she was raised to be a Christian. Though there is not much record about her siblings, she sure does have a step-brother named Mathew Coale.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Rebecca Skloot in 2021 and what is her height and weight? Well, Rebecca Skloot’s age is 48 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 19 September 1972. Though, she is 5’ 8’’ in feet and inches and 173 cm in Centimetres tall, she weighs about 136.5 lbs in Pound and 62kg in Kilograms. Her eye color is Green and hair color is Light Brown.
Rebecca Skloot used to live in Springfield of United States from where she completed her high school education and received a diploma from Metropolitan Learning Center in Portland, Oregon. She received her college degree from the Portland Community College, after which she went on to work as a Veterinary Technician.
She was very fond of the subject Science during the childhood, thus she decided to pursue for a Bachelor of Science in biological sciences from Colorado State University. She got into the University of Pittsburgh to pursue Masters’s in fine arts in non-fiction.
Personal Life: Dating, Boyfriends, Husband, Kids
Rebecca Skloot has been quite secretive regarding her relationships and her personal life in general. However, one thing is for sure that she is currently single. She resides in Oakland, California, accompanied by her dog Clarence and cat Phineas where she continues to work on her upcoming book and projects.
Is Rebecca Skloot Gay?
Though Rebecca has been very secretive regarding her personal life and relationships, it is known that she is currently single. However, she is not a lesbian, and has never been involved with any woman.
After attending college at Portland Community College, Skloot worked as a Veterinary Technician, devoting a lot of time to look after animals as she’s always been empathetic to animals. She has worked as a professor in several well known universities around the States such as New York University and Pittsburgh University.
The first book Rebecca wrote was called The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which was based on the cancerous cells in Henrietta’s body, which gave way to an immortal cell line. This book gathered many accolades and was also made into an HBO film and was also named the best book of the year by 60 publications. It was awarded the title of New York Times notable book. After this, she has written many books, the second one being about the relationship between humans and animals.
- Rebecca Skloot received the awards for American Association for the Advancement of Science, Best Young Adult Book Award for her book “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” in 2010.
- She won the Welcome Trust Book Prize for her book “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” in the same year
- She also won the Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize, for “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” again in the same year and many other awards for the same book.
- She also received the Audie Award for Best Non-Fiction Audio book for her work “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.”
Net worth, Salary and Earnings of Rebecca Skloot in 2021
Rebecca Skloot is a science and medicine writer, and most of her income is derived from her books and being a non-fiction Author. She is also a prime member of literal societies such as American Society of Journalist and Authors. She has been the vice president of the National Book Critics Circle. All these income sources make her net worth stand roughly around $2 millions as of 2021.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To know-
· Rebecca Skloot is said to be partly Jewish and partly Midwestern Protestant.
· Rebecca’s father, Floyd Skloot, had a neurological disease that made him disabled as a result, her mother, Betsy, separated from her father.
· Rebecca was the Vice President of a well-known literary society called the National Book Critics Circle.
Rebecca Lee Skloot is a renowned Non-fiction Author. She has gathered a lot of popularity and appreciation for her work and her books, which has also been adapted into an HBO movie produced by Oprah Winfrey. She has published hundreds of essays and articles throughout her impeccable career and has been garnered several prestigious awards.
Facts of Rebecca Lee Skloot
- Gender Female
- full nameRebecca Lee Skloot
- birthplaceSpringfield, Illinois U.S.
- Date of Birth September 19, 1972
- Age 51 years 5 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- religionJewish Ancestry, Christianity
- net worth$2 million
- professionNon-fiction Author, Science Writer
- weightIn Kilograms-62 kg, In Pounds- 136.5 lbs
- heightIn Centimeters- 173 cm, In Feet and Inches- 5’ 8’’
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorGreen
- high schoolMetropolitan Learning Center, Portland