Rick Leventhal is an American news reporter who began working with Fox News, as a senior correspondent, in June 1997. Before joining the behemoth, he had worked for nearly a decade with local news channels, as an anchor and reporter, in regions such as Columbia, South Carolina, West Palm Beach, Florida, Miami, Chicago, and New York City.
Richard Gary Leventhal
Christian County, Kentucky, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Rick had graduated, in 1978, from the Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Springs, Maryland. He had then joined The American University in Washington, D.C. from where he had graduated with a degree in broadcast journalism.
- Father – Allan Leventhal (Retired Psychologist)
- Mother – Carol Leventhal (Former Director of Greenbelt Cares, a Counseling Service in Greenbelt, Maryland)
- Siblings – Scott Leventhal (Older Brother), Leigh Leventhal (Younger Sister)
- Others – Lindsay Shak (Ex-Step-Daughter), Frank Meza (Father-in-Law), Bobbi Meza (Mother-in-Law), Eric Meza (Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rick has dated –
- Penny Daniels – Rick was married to communications consultant/trainer and former TV news anchor Penny Daniels in the 1990s. They have 2 daughters together named Veronica (b. 1991) (Activist, Advocate, Social Worker) and Shoshana (b. 1996).
- Lauren Sivan (2005-2006) – He got engaged to TV news anchor and reporter Lauren Sivan in September 2005. They were due to get married in February 2006 but had called off the ceremony just 1 week before the set date.
- Beth Shak (2016–2017) – Rick had eloped with professional poker player, actress, entrepreneur, and philanthropist Beth Shak to Las Vegas, where they got married on June 9, 2016. Beth, however, had filed for divorce in April 2017, after just 9 months of wedlock.
- (2019-Present) – He began dating reality TV personality Kelly Dodd in August 2019 and they got engaged on November 13, 2019. They got married on October 10, 2020, in a ceremony in Santa Rosa, California. He has a step-daughter named Jolie Dodd from Kelly’s previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
Rick Leventhal Facts
- During his storied career, he has reported on several occasions from war zones. He had made 5 trips to the battle zones in Iraq and 4 in Afghanistan. He had also reported from the frontlines in Israel, Albania, and Macedonia.
- Rick was the 1st reporter to go live during the attack on the twin towers of the World Trade Center, on September 11, 2001.
- In 2003, he had been embedded, for about 9 weeks with the United States Marine Corps’ 3rd L.A.R., in Kuwait and Iraq, and had even advanced to the outskirts of Baghdad with the battalion.
- He has also been at the forefront of covering natural and man-made disasters including the floods in Louisiana, the devastating 2010s oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the 2010 Haiti earthquake, and major hurricanes such as Katrina, Rita, and Hugo.
- Rick had once been invited to ride in the famous F-15 fighter aircraft by the Massachusetts Air National Guard. He had accepted the invitation and had managed to complete the incredible experience.
Featured Image by Rick Leventhal / Instagram
Facts of Rick Leventhal
- full nameRick Leventhal
- Date of Birth January 24, 1960
- Age 61 years 10 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- weight79 kg
- height5 ft 10 in