Frederick Allan Moranis took birth in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is a successful Actor, Comedian, Musician, Songwriter, Screenwriter, Writer & Producer of the country who has contributed in some brilliant acts. He is very widely known for his roles in many classic films such as Ghostbusters and Honey; I Shrunk the Kids. He also worked in movies such as Spaceballs, and The Flintstones.
Well, how well do you know about Rick Moranis? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Rick Moranis’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Rick Moranis to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Frederick Allan Moranis took birth on April 18, 1953, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Moranis was born into a Jewish family.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Rick Moranis in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Rick Moranis’s age is 68 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 18 April 1953. Though, he is 5′ 6″ in feet and inches and 168 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 143 lbs in Pound and 65 kg in Kilograms.
He completed his schooling from an elementary school. While he was in school, he was a member of a band, and was the frontman of the same, which was called Rush, Geddy Lee. He completed his secondary school at Sandford Fleming Secondary School. He had Jewish ancestors of Hungarian extraction, coming from the Kingdom of Hungary, Kolozsvar. It is presently known as Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Rick Moranis has an affair with a costume designer of Hollywood, Ann Belsky. He got married to her in 1986. They had two children together. In February 1991, Belsky died due to liver cancer. Rick became a full-time single father by slowly leaving his public life behind, sacrificing everything just to give all his time to both his children.
Is Rick Moranis Gay?
No, Rick Moranis is not gay at all. He had a wife, Ann Belsky, who died of liver cancer. He is a widowed person with two kids.
Moranis’s career began when he was still in high school. Rick was a radio DJ that eventually led him to write, producing and being on-air in his show. After all these, he joins SCTV (1976), a TV series of Canada, then winning an Emmy for writing & portraying Bob McKenzie of Strange Brew (1983), the character which became the fundamental basis for the film. Rick Moranis also co-wrote, co-directed, and made his film acting debut in the same movie. He also played a similar character, based on the one that he played on SCTV (1976), in the movie Ghostbusters (1984).
Some of his brilliant roles were Louis Tully & Vinz Clortho in the movies The Key Master and Ghostbusters. He also landed with the roles of Tuke in Brother Bear, Barney Rubble in The Flintstones, Wayne Szalinski in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and Louis Tully in Ghostbusters II. As a director, his best-known technical role was in the movie The Adventures of Bob & Doug McKenzie: Strange Brew.
- He won the Primetime Emmy Awards for SCTV in the category of Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program in the year 1982.
- He won the American Comedy Awards for Parenthood in the category of Funniest Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture in the year 1990.
- Won Gemini Awards for SCTV in the category of Earle Grey Award for Best Cast in 1995.
- Got nominated for Grammy Awards for The Agoraphobic Cowboy in the category of Best Comedy Album in 2006.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Rick Moranis in 2021
Rick Moranis’ net worth in 2021 is $12 Million. His per year salary is $1.72 Million which means he earns around $143,055.56 per month. His worldwide aggregate box office is $1,764,816,268. This is purely based on credits in the roles he played in 20 films.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- The two, Moranis and Dave Thomas, created the characters Bob and Doug McKenzie themselves. They created it in protest against the United States government which made a law in requirements in domestically produced television programming.
- Moranis once worked as an afternoon DJ at a club. He worked on Toronto radio station CHUM-FM in the 1970s as well to make some hard cash.
- The cover of the first issue of “Disney Adventures” magazine was designed by Rick Moranis in the year 1990.
- Jacob Moranis and Lena Moranis were his grandparents. They were Russian Jewish immigrants who moved to Philadelphia, followed by Canada.
- He is extremely private about his kids. He has been in many interviews, yet he hasn’t revealed his children’s name anywhere.
Frederick Allan Moranis was best known for his acting skills. He acted in many movies and shows. Some of his brilliant roles were Louis Tully & Vinz Clortho in the movies The Key Master and Ghostbusters. He also landed with the roles of Tuke in Brother Bear, Barney Rubble in The Flintstones, Wayne Szalinski in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and Louis Tully in Ghostbusters II. As a director, his best-known technical role was in the movie The Adventures of Bob & Doug McKenzie: Strange Brew.
Facts of Frederick Allan Moranis
- Gender Male
- full nameFrederick Allan Moranis
- birthplaceToronto, Ontario, United States
- Date of Birth April 18, 1953
- Age 69 years 3 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- net worth$12 Million
- professionActor, Comedian, Musician, Songwriter, Screenwriter, Writer, Producer
- weightIn Kilograms – 65 Kg, In Pounds – 143 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 168 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 6″
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorLight Green
- high schoolSandford Fleming Secondary School