Rose McIver is a New Zealand actress, voiceover artist, theatre artist, dancer, and producer who is known for playing Olivia “Liv” Moore in iZombie, Daphne/Xena in Xena: Warrior Princess, Garland in Maddigan’s Quest, Nerissa Love in Tangiwai, and Lindsey Salmon in The Lovely Bones. In addition to that, she has also been cast in many theatre productions in roles such as Thomasina Coverly in Arcadia, Izzy in That Face, and Nora D’Alcala in Key Largo.
Frances Rose McIver
Auckland, New Zealand
Los Angeles, California, United States
McIver graduated from Avondale College in Avondale, Auckland, New Zealand in 2006. She was a in her final year of college.
She had also attended the University of Auckland to major in Psychology and Linguistics but she did not complete her degree.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Dancer, Theatre Artist
- Father – John George Whitfield “Mac” McIver (Photographer) (b. 1951)
- Mother – Ann “Annie” (née Coney) (Artist)
- Siblings – Paul McIver (Older Brother) (Musician and former actor)
- Others – George Kirkwood McIver (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Ashdown (Paternal Grandmother)
She is represented by Principato Young Entertainment.
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rose McIver has dated –
- Benjamin Hoeksema (2005-2017) – In 2005, she started going out with architect Benjamin Hoeksema and the duo dated for a long duration before parting ways in 2017.
- George Byrne (2017-Present) – She started dating photographer and visual artist George Byrne in 2017 and they live together. George is the older brother of Australian actress .
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish and English descent.
- Blonde hair
- Big eyes
34-25-34 in or 87-63.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
She has appeared in a lot many commercials starting from the age of two.
Best Known For
Playing Summer Landsdown / Ranger Operator Series Yellow in 2009’s Power Rangers: RPM.
Rose is also known for playing Lindsey Salmon in the 2009 film The Lovely Bones. This role won her the 2010 Visa Entertainment Screen Award for “Best NZ Actress”.
Rose appeared in the 1993 New Zealand romantic drama film The Piano for her role as Angel.
First TV Show
In 1993, McIver appeared in the TVNZ’s soap opera Shortland Street for her role as Holly.
Rose McIver Facts
- She started acting in 1991 when she was just three years old.
- Rose has learned ballet and jazz dancing in the past.
- She likes running and enjoys writing. She admires the writings of authors like Franz Kafka, John Steinbeck, and Wally Lamb.
- Whenever Rose is not acting, she does some secondary jobs to fulfill her needs and pay bills. Her secondary includes babysitting, importing bananas with Fair Trade, etc.
- She does not like to dye her hair.
- In 2007, to appear in Rude Awakenings, she donned a fake mole.
- She has appeared in music videos for songs like Demon Days (Do It All Again) and Ordinary Life by Wild Wild Horses and Heartlines by Broods.
- From 2015 to 2019, she brought to life the character of Olivia “Liv” Moore in iZombie. Her performance on the show got her nominated for the Teen Choice Awards consecutively in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Facts of Rose McIver
- full nameRose McIver
- Date of Birth October 10, 1988
- Age 34 years 11 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- weight52 kg
- height5 ft 3¾ in