Rupert Everett is an English actor who has been cast in several high profile American and English films. One of his most memorable roles was the character of George Downes in My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997).
Vocals, Piano, Violin
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Rupert has dated –
- Paula Elizabeth Yates – Rupert claimed in his memoir that he had a 6-year relationship with English TV presenter and actress, Paula who died of an accidental heroin overdose in 2000.
- – Rumor
- Henrique – The actor started living with his long term boyfriend Henrique in 2006 at his London home. When Rupert moved to live with his mother in Wiltshire, his boyfriend would often pay them a visit. His partner is 2 decades younger than him, has Brazilian ethnicity, and works as an accountant. The two men met each other at the gym.
- Towering Height
- Deep, smooth voice
- He was cast as a model for Yves St. Laurent‘s Opium Pour Homme cologne in the past.
- He has been featured in a TV commercial for Marks & Spencer in 2004.
- Rupert was the face of the Kenco Millicano instant coffee brand from 2013 to 2014.
- He also gave voice to the character of Malcolm the Cat in the TV Commercial that celebrated 30 years of Young’s Chip Shop brand in 2015.
Rupert Everett Facts
- The actor is one of the descendants of Charles II Stuart, King of England and Scotland in the 17th century. Through the same ancestry, he is a distant relative of fellow actress Rachael Stirling.
- In his late teens and early 20s, Rupert was hooked on to heroin, cigarettes, and casual s*x with several men. When his career started soaring after 1981, the actor’s personal state of mind was in a panic because a lot of his close friends including an ex-boyfriend were dying horrifying deaths of AIDS. HIV testing was finally introduced in 1985 when the actor found out he had narrowly escaped catching the virus.
- Everett stated that had he not come out gay early in his career, he would have landed acting jobs similar to the resumes of and .
- He got his career-defining break in 1981 with the Greenwich Theatre and West End Stage Production of Another Country.
- He was cast in the lead role in the James Scott-directed short film called A Shocking Accident (1982) that won the Academy award in 1983.
- The actor speaks fluent French and Italian.
- He released a pop album in 1987 which was called Generation of Loneliness. Rupert also provided back-up vocals for on her cover of American Pie (2000) and for Robin Williams in the song They Can’t Take That Away From Me (2001).
- Rupert is godfather to Madonna and ’s adopted son, David Banda Mwale Ciccone Ritchie.
Featured Image by Harald Bischoff / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Rupert James Hector Everett
- Gender Male
- full nameRupert James Hector Everett
- middle nameJames
- birthplaceBurnham Deepdale village, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth May 29, 1959
- Age 62 years 5 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundEnglish, Irish, Scottish, and distant German and Dutch
- religionRoman Catholicism
- net worth$20 million
- professionFormer Model, Actor, Writer, Singer
- weight90 kg or 198.5 lbs
- height6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
- hair colorSalt and Pepper
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeUniversity of London
- motherSarah Everett née Maclean
- fatherAnthony Michael Everett
- brothersSimon Anthony Cunningham Everett