Salim Khan is an Indian film actor, producer, and screenwriter whose acting credits include films like Teesri Manzil, Chhaila Babu, Aandhi Aur Toofan, Raaka, Sarhaadi Lootera, Police Detective, Bachpan, and Professor. In addition to that, he has also been one-half of the popular screenwriting duo of Salim-Javed, along with Javed Akhtar. Together they have worked on films like Seeta Aur Geeta, Premada Kanike, Sholay, Deewar, Haathi Mere Saathi, Chacha Bhatija, Mr. India, Kranti, Dostana, Shakti, Don, and Kaala Patthar. In January 2014, he was honored with a “Lifetime Achievement Honour” at Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Award.
Indore, Indore State, British India (Present-day Madhya Pradesh, India)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Salim Khan attended Holkar College in Indore and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Film Actor, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Abdul Rashid Khan (Joined the Indian Imperial Police and rose to the rank of DIG-Indore)
- Others – Anwar Khan (Paternal Grandfather) (Served in the cavalry of the British Indian Army), (Son-In-Law, Alvira’s Husband) (Film Actor, Producer, Director), (Son-In-Law, Arpita’s Husband) (Businessman, Actor), (Ex Daughter-In-Law, Arbaaz’s Ex-Wife) (Actress, Dancer, Model, VJ, Television Personality), Seema Sachdev (Daughter-In-Law, Sohail’s Wife), Ayaan (Grandson), Alizeh (Granddaughter), Ahil Sharma (Grandson), (Grandson), Nirvan (Grandson), Yohan (also known as Aslam Khan) (Grandson)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Salim Khan has dated –
- Padmini Kapila
- Sushila Charak (later adopted the name Salma Khan) (1964-Present) – He married Sushila Charak, a Hindu, on November 18, 1964, and they parent 4 children – 3 sons , , and and one daughter .
- (1981-Present) – He married popular film actress and dancer Helen Richardson, a Christian lady, in 1981 and the duo later adopted a girl named Arpita.
Note – He has been long married to both Sushila and Helen.
Race / Ethnicity
Salim Khan is of Pathani (from present Afghanistan) descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Wears glasses
- Pierced ear
Salim Khan Facts
- Both his parents died by the time he turned 14.
- He became the highest-paid scriptwriter of his era i.e. The Golden Era of the 1970s and 1980s.
- In 2014, he was due to receive a Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, but he rejected it saying that he deserved a Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, at least.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0
Facts of Salim Khan
- full nameSalim Khan
- Date of Birth November 24, 1935
- Age 86 years 0 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- weight70 kg
- height5 ft 6 in