Sara Evans is an American country music singer and songwriter who has released numerous gold and platinum-selling records including her album Born to Fly (2000) that had acquired a ‘2x-Platinum’ certification from the Recording Industry Association of America for shipments of more than 2 million copies. She has dropped several singles that reached number 1 such as Suds in the Bucket (2004), A Real Fine Place to Start (2005), and A Little Bit Stronger (2010-2011). Sara is the recipient of a number of awards like the Billboard Music Video Awards in 1997 for “Best Country New Artist Video of the Year” and the Country Music Association Awards in 2001 for “Video of the Year” for Born to Fly. She has also starred in a variety of TV shows such as the musical drama television series Nashville (2014) where she appeared as “herself”.
Sara Lynn Evans
Boonville, Missouri, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Siblings – She has 6 younger siblings.
She is represented by Collective Artist Management.
- RCA Nashville Records
- Sugar Hill Records
- Born to Fly Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Craig Schelske (1993-2007) – She married aspiring politician Craig on September 25, 1993. They got divorced on September 28, 2007. They have a son named Avery Jack Lyons Schelske (b. August 21, 1999), and 2 daughters named Olivia Margaret Schleske (b. January 22, 2003) and Audrey Elizabeth Schleske (b. October 6, 2004).
- Jay Barker (2008-Present) – She tied the knot with radio host Jay in an evening ceremony on a farm near Franklin on June 14, 2008. She became the stepmother of Jay’s children from an earlier marriage Andrew (b. 1999), Braxton (b. 2000), and twins Sarah Ashlee and Harrison (b. September 10, 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, Welsh, and Native American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp nose
- Prominent cheekbones
- Shapely lips
Sara Evans Favorite Things
- Hobby – Cooking that she has engaged in even with a busy touring schedule, having avoided restaurant food, and having tried to cook at least 3 nights a week that she has admitted has made her feel better about herself as a mother
- Snacks – Salty refreshments like plain Lays potato chips and white food items such as a powdered donut instead of a chocolate donut and yogurt-covered pretzels instead of chocolate-covered ones
Sara Evans Facts
- She was brought up in rural Missouri and used to perform with her family band when she was only 4 years old.
- Evans has disclosed that she has found anyone smiling and happy to be beautiful.
- She has followed what she has termed the “growl diet” that has been based on the idea of not eating until the stomach growls, as she has believed that to be the body’s natural way of signaling that it needs food, upon which food should be consumed until the feeling of fullness and satiety is attained. She has stated that she has been fully aware that her diet may not work for everybody and has recommended that people should just go with what the body says and the way it feels.
Featured Image by Sara Evans / Instagram
Facts of Sara Evans
- full nameSara Evans
- Date of Birth February 05, 1971
- Age 50 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- weight58 kg
- height5 ft 9 in