Sarah Lancashire is a British actress, director, and voiceover artist who is known for having been cast in television roles like Raquel Wolstenhulme (later Watts) in Coronation Street, Angela Howard in MotherFatherSon, Caroline McKenzie Dawson in Last Tango in Halifax, Catherine Cawood in Happy Valley, Rose Linden in Rose and Maloney, Ruth Goddard in Where the Heart is, Yvonne Kolakowski in Clocking Off, and Adult Laura Timmins in Lark Rise to Candleford. She has received several accolades including the British Academy Television Award and was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2017 Birthday Honours for services to drama.
Sarah-Jane Abigail Lancashire
Oldham, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Sarah Lancashire studied at Oldham Hulme Grammar School and then attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, Lancashire.
Actress, Director, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Geoffrey Lancashire (Television scriptwriter known for his work on the soap opera Coronation Street and situation comedies such as The Cuckoo Waltz)
- Mother – Hilda McCormack (Secretary at the Granada Television Studios)
- Siblings – Simon Lancashire (Brother), John Lancashire (Brother), James Lancashire (Brother)
- Others – John Lancashire (Paternal Grandfather), Florence Taylor (Paternal Grandmother), Daniel McCormack (Maternal Grandfather), Lillie Mae Bennett (Maternal Grandmother)
Note – She has an older brother, a younger brother, and a twin brother.
Sarah Lancashire is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Lancashire has dated –
- Gary Hargreaves (1984-1995) – She married music lecturer Gary Hargreaves when she was 22 years old but the duo separated in 1995. They parent 2 sons – Thomas Alan (b. August 1987) and Matthew Joseph Hargreaves (b. August 1989).
- Peter Salmon (2000-Present) – After going out for a while, she married television producer and executive Peter Salmon at Langar Hall, Nottinghamshire in 2001. They have a son named Joseph Peter (b. March 26, 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah Lancashire is of English and Irish descent.
- Forehead bangs
- High cheekbones
Sarah Lancashire Facts
- She made her theatrical film debut as Beaty in the 2007 drama film, And When Did You Last See Your Father?, starring Jim Broadbent, , and Juliet Stevenson.
- For her role as Caroline McKenzie Dawson in the comedy-drama Last Tango in Halifax, she won the 2014 British Academy Television Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- As a theatre artist, she has been cast in roles like Susan “Rita” White in Educating Rita at Queen’s Theatre in 1991, Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors at Oldham Coliseum Theatre in 1993, and Joyce Chilvers in Betty Blue Eyes at Novello Theatre in 2011.
Featured Image by kats onstage / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Sarah Lancashire
- full nameSarah Lancashire
- Date of Birth October 10, 1964
- Age 58 years 5 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- weight75 kg
- height5 ft 7 in