Saurabh Shukla is an Indian actor and director who has primarily worked in Hindi language films and plays and has acquired cult status for both his comedic as well as villainous roles. For portraying the quirky character of Justice Sunderlal Tripathi in the 2013 legal comedy film Jolly LLB, he won the “Best Supporting Actor” award at the prestigious National Film Awards ceremony in 2014.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Girlfriend / Spouse
Saurabh has dated –
- Barnali Ray Shukla
- Semi-bald head
- Stocky frame
- Sports a goatee
- Puffy cheeks
Saurabh has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Junglee Rummy
- Fastac Tablets
- Q-Coril Anti Cough Syrup
Saurabh Shukla Favorite Things
- Sport – Table Tennis
- Play – The Good Doctor
- Playwright – Arthur Miller
- Fictional Character – Eddie Carbone in the play A View from the bridge
- Novel/Short Story – Zorba the Greek (1946)
- Poet – Ramdhari Singh Dinkar
- Theatre Director – Ranjeet Kapoor
- Actor –
- Food – Chole Bhature
Source – , MumbaiTheatreGuide.com
Saurabh Shukla Facts
- He was born in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, but his family moved to Delhi when he was just 2 years old.
- Saurabh grew up in a family of movie buffs. His whole family had made it a point to watch an English film every Sunday morning. Growing up, he and his older brother were allowed to watch up to 4 films a week. He has credited his parents’ free hand and indulgence as a major source of inspiration towards acting and film-making.
- His professional acting career began in 1984 when he joined a theatre group named Sakshi in the Mandi House area in New Delhi. He worked with the group till 1991, performing roles in plays such as A View From The Bridge, Look Back in Anger, Ghashiram Kotwal, and Hayvadan.
- In 1991, he joined the renowned institution National School of Drama’s professional wing, NSD Repertory Company, and worked there as an actor for almost 2 years.
- He got his first acting role in 1992 when noted film director Shekhar Kapur carved out a special role for him in the controversial movie Bandit Queen. Seema Biswas, who played the lead role in the film, was his colleague at the NSD Repertory Company.
- Saurabh’s breakthrough as an actor came in 1998 when he portrayed the memorable gangster character of Kallu Mama in the cult classic crime film Satya. He also co-wrote the script for the film which won him the Star Screen Award for “Best Screenplay”.
- He is also a songwriter and has penned the lyrics for songs from films such as Mixed Doubles (2006), Pappu Can’t Dance Saala (2010), and I am 24 (2010).
- During his days as a struggling actor, in the mid-90s, he used to share a room with future Bollywood film directors Vijay Krishna Acharya and Tigmanshu Dhulia, and actor .
- In an interview, Saurabh has revealed that he lost interest in acting for a good while because he was only getting offered peripheral roles in commercial films, whereas, he felt that he would be cast for meaty roles in realistic films after the success of Satya.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / / CC BY-3.0
Facts of Saurabh Shukla
- Gender Male
- full nameSaurabh Shukla
- birthplaceGorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Date of Birth March 05, 1963
- Age 58 years 9 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- professionActor, Director, Screenwriter
- weight82 kg or 181 lbs
- height5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
- hair colorSalt and Pepper
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildLarge
- collegeSri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- motherJogamaya Shukla
- fatherShatrughan Shukla
- favorite foodChole Bhature