Shannon Kook is a South African actor who first entered showbiz after he landed a role on the Canadian television series Being Erica in 2009. Before he rose to popularity, he made his cameo appearances on The Border and Cra$h & Burn. His greatest breakthrough came when he was offered roles as Zane Park in another Canadian drama TV series Degrassi: The Next Generation and as Duncan on Netflix’s hit supernatural drama series Shadowhunters for 2 episodes in 2017. He has also made notable portrayals on various films including The Conjuring (2013) as Drew Thomas and Hunting Season (2012) as Jason, The Dependables (2014) as Vic Skinner, Dark Places (2015) as Young Trey Teepano, and Goliath as Dylan Watters.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Shannon Kook was originally born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, but he relocated to Montreal to attend the National Theatre School of Canada.
He is represented by The Characters Talent Agency, Arts and Entertainment Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shannon Kook has never openly talked about his dating life. Therefore, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
Best Known For
His portrayals as Zane Park in the Canadian drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation (2010-2011) and as Duncan on Netflix’s supernatural drama series Shadowhunters (2017)
In 2013, he made his theatrical film debut as Drew Thomas in the supernatural horror film The Conjuring.
First TV Show
In 2009, he made his TV show debut as Kendric Kwan on the comedy series Being Erica.
His interests in dancing and martial arts are mostly two of the factors that contribute to his fitness and health in general. He often tends to post random updates about going to the gym, attending dance classes, and practicing his martial arts.
Moreover, Shannon follows his healthy diet plans by eating plant-based food and beverages.
Shannon Kook Favorite Things
- Hobby – Dancing, Martial Arts, Traveling
- Music – Bachata
- TV Shows – The Ultimate Fighter
- Food – Any home dishes cooked and prepared by his parents
- Movies – Mrs. Doubtfire, Mary Poppins, Harold & Kumar, American Pie, Tropic Thunder, and Zoolander
Source – , , ,
Shannon Kook Facts
- His first online screen name was either Little_Buddha or Stud_Muffn.
- Aside from acting, Shannon has outside interests in dancing, martial arts, film directing, and photography.
- He loves dancing Bachata, a popular dance which originated from the Dominican Republic but is now being recognized worldwide.
- Shannon Kook was chosen as one of the “Rising Stars” at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2014.
- His portrayal as Zane Park in the series Degrassi: The Next Generation turned out to be one of the most notable roles that he has ever played.
Featured Image by Shannon Kook / Instagram
Facts of Shannon Xiao Lóng Kook-Chun
- Gender Male
- full nameShannon Xiao Lóng Kook-Chun
- birthplaceJohannesburg, South Africa
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundHakka Chinese
- nationalitySouth African
- net worth$7 million
- professionActor, Dancer
- weight68 kg or 150 lbs
- height5 ft 9.5 in or 176.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorLight Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- favorite moviesMrs. Doubtfire, Mary Poppins, Harold & Kumar, American Pie, Tropic Thunder, and Zoolander
- favorite tv showThe Ultimate Fighter
- favorite foodAny home dishes cooked and prepared by his parents