Sherry Stringfield is an American actress who is best known for playing Blake Marler in the soap opera Guiding Light (1989-1992), Laura Michaels Kelly in the police procedural drama TV series NYPD Blue (1993-1994), and Dr. Susan Lewis in the medical drama TV series ER (1994–1996, 2001–2005, 2009). For the last of those portrayals, she was nominated in the category of ‘Best Actress’ at the Primetime Emmy Awards (1995-1997) as well as the Golden Globe Awards (1996-1997).
Sherry Lea Stringfield
Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sherry had attended the Klein High School in Texas. After her high school graduation, she had joined the acting conservatory at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Purchase and had graduated in 1989 with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts.
- Siblings – She has 2 younger siblings.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sherry has dated –
- Paul Goldstein – Sherry had dated British businessman Paul Goldstein (chairman of Nevica skiwear) for about 3 years in the early 1990s. However, they had broken up as they were unable to sustain the pressures of a long-distance relationship.
- Larry E. Joseph (1998-2006) – She got married to journalist Larry E. Joseph in October 1998 and they have 2 children together – a daughter named Phoebe Joseph (b. March 2001) and a son named Milo Joseph (b. April 12, 2004). The couple got divorced in January 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish descent on her father’s side.
- Petite frame
- Neck-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Sherry had been featured in a 1997 print advertisement for ‘Got Milk?‘, an American campaign encouraging the consumption of milk.
Sherry Stringfield Facts
- Born in Colorado Springs, Sherry’s family had briefly moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, before settling down in Spring, Texas, where she grew up and did most of her schooling.
- She had shown an inclination towards acting from a very young age. While she was at Klein High School, she had participated and starred in numerous musicals and plays including adaptations of Oklahoma, Mother Courage, and Fiddler on the Roof.
- At the State University of New York (SUNY) at Purchase, she was roommates with fellow future actress Parker Posey. During her stint there, she used to participate in several off-Broadway productions. She had also worked hard to curb her acquired Texan accent with the help of a speech teacher.
- In 1996, she had decided to leave the TV show ER in the 3rd season of her 5-year contract. The producers of the show had signed a ‘No-Work’ agreement with her that had stipulated that she would be unable to appear on a TV show until the termination of her original contract. She had returned to the show in 2001. During the hiatus, she used to teach a script-analysis class and direct plays at SUNY, her alma mater.
- In 1997, readers of the FHM Magazine had voted her in the list of the ‘100 S*xiest Women in the World’.
- Her hobbies include skiing, motorbike riding, reading, and traveling.
Featured Image by Sherry Stringfield / Instagram
Facts of Sherry Stringfield
- full nameSherry Stringfield
- Date of Birth June 24, 1967
- Age 55 years 8 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- weight58 kg
- height5 ft 7 in