Smriti Mandhana is an Indian cricketer who is widely regarded as one of the leading batswomen, in both the limited-overs formats (ODIs, T20Is), of the women’s international game. She was an integral member of the Indian squad that reached the final of the 2017 ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s World Cup. Smriti was named the ‘Best Women’s International Cricketer’ by the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) in 2018. The same year, she won the prestigious ‘Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award’ (Female Cricketer of the Year) as well as the ‘ODI Player of the Year’ award, both presented by the ICC.
Sangli, Maharashtra, India
She is represented by Tuhin Mishra, Manager, Baseline Ventures, Sports Marketing, Entertainment & Brand Licensing Company, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Right-Arm Off break
18 – ODI, T20I
- Affable smile
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Has a mole on her left cheek
Smriti Mandhana Facts
- Born in Mumbai, Smriti’s family moved to Madhavnagar, a suburb of Sangli in Maharashtra when she was 2 years old. Her father, as well as her brother, played district-level cricket and Smriti was inspired to take up the sport after witnessing her brother compete in a Maharashtra Under-16 tournament.
- A child prodigy, she broke into the Maharashtra Under-15 team at the age of just 9 and was selected for the state’s Under-19 team when she was just 11.
- In October 2013, during a domestic match for Maharashtra against Vadodara, she became the first Indian woman to score a double hundred in a one-day match.
- She and , in 2016, were the first Indians to be signed up by a WBBL (Women’s Big Bash League) franchise. She became the 1st Indian to be signed up by a team in the KSL (Kia Super League) in 2018.
- In 2016, she was the only Indian player to be named in the ICC’s ‘Women’s Team of the Year’.
- In February 2019, she scored the then-fastest fifty (24 balls) for India in Women’s T20Is. The same month, she became the then-youngest captain of India in the Women’s T20I format.
Featured Image by Smriti Mandhana / Instagram
Facts of Smriti Shrinivas Mandhana
- Gender Female
- full nameSmriti Shrinivas Mandhana
- middle nameShrinivas
- birthplaceMumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Date of Birth July 18, 1996
- Age 25 years 4 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- net worth$100,000 - $1Million
- weight55 kg or 121 lbs
- height5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- motherSmita Mandhana
- fatherShrinivas Mandhana
- brothersShravan Mandhana