Soha Ali Khan is an Indian actress who has worked primarily in Hindi, Bengali, and English language films and is best known for her work in movies such as Antar Mahal (2005), Rang De Basanti (2006), Mumbai Meri Jaan (2008), Tum Mile (2009), and Midnight’s Children (2012).
Soha Ali Khan Pataudi
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Soha had attended The British School in New Delhi. She had then studied modern history at Balliol College, a constituent of the University of Oxford; before graduating with a master’s degree in international relations from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Father – Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Cricketer, Titular Nawab of Pataudi until 1971) (d. 2011)
- Mother – Sharmila Tagore (Actress)
- Siblings – (Older Brother) (Actor, Producer), Saba Ali Khan (Older Sister) (Jewellery Designer)
- Others – Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi (Paternal Grandfather) (Cricketer, 8th Nawab of Pataudi) (d. 1952), Sajida Sultan (Paternal Grandmother) (12th and Last, Titular, Begum of Bhopal) (d. 1995), Hamidullah Khan (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Aristocrat, Last Ruling Nawab of Bhopal) (d. 1960), Begum Maimoona Sultan (Paternal Great Grandmother), Saleha Sultan (Paternal Aunt), Sabiha Sultan (Paternal Aunt), Qudsia Sultan (Paternal Aunt), Saad Bin Jung (Paternal Cousin) (Former Cricketer, Author, Conservationist), Sher Ali Khan (Paternal Great Grand Uncle) (Amir of Afghanistan) (d. 1879), Sher Ali Khan Pataudi (Paternal Great Uncle) (Pakistani Military General), Shahryar Khan (Paternal Cousin-Uncle) (Former Diplomat and Administrator, Former Foreign Secretary of Pakistan, Former Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board, Former President of Asian Cricket Council), Abida Sultan (Paternal Grand Aunt) (Royal Princess) (d. 2002), Rabia Sultan (Paternal Grand Aunt) (Royal Princess), Amrita Singh (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress), (Niece) (Actress), (Nephew) (Actor), (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Taimur Ali Khan (Nephew), Gitindranath Tagore (Maternal Grandfather) (Business Executive), Ira Tagore (née Barua) (Maternal Grandmother), Ravi Khemu (Father-in-Law) (Actor), Jyoti Khemu (Mother-in-Law) (Actress), Moti Lal Kemmu (Grandfather-in-Law) (Playwright)
She is represented by Basanth Jain, Manager, PR Agent, and Booking Agent, Lemonade Entertainments, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
5 ft in or 152.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Soha has dated –
- (2009–Present) – Soha began dating fellow Indian actor Kunal Khemu in 2009 but the pair publicly confirmed their relationship only in 2010. After a courtship of nearly 5 years, the couple got engaged in Paris on July 24, 2014. They got married on January 25, 2015, in a ceremony in Mumbai and have a daughter together named Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (b. September 29, 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Pashtun descent on her father’s side and of Bengali and Assamese descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Soha has served as the brand ambassador for –
- House of Pataudi (ethnic wear brand)
- Rosebys Interiors India Ltd.
- Head & Shoulders
- Madhur Sugar
She has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Samsung TV
- HP India
- PNG Jewellers
- Asian Paints
- IMC Shri Tulsi
- Ariel India
- IDFC First Bank
Soha Ali Khan Facts
- The sport of cricket has had a rich history in the Royal Pataudi family, of which Soha is a part, on her paternal side. Both her father, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, and her paternal grandfather, Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, had served as the captain of the Indian national cricket team.
- For her work in the Bollywood blockbuster Rang De Basanti (2006), she was nominated for a Filmfare Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’ and had won in the same category at the IIFA Awards.
- Her mother, the renowned actress Sharmila Tagore, is a distant relative of Bengali cultural icon and Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore who had penned India’s national anthem. Sharmila’s maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Rabindranath Tagore’s brother Dwijendranath Tagore.
- In December 2017, she had published a book titled The Perils of Being Moderately Famous, which was an anecdotal memoir about her life as a member of a family brimming with celebrities and royals.
Featured Image by Soha Ali Khan / Instagram
Facts of Soha Ali Khan
- full nameSoha Ali Khan
- Date of Birth October 04, 1978
- Age 43 years 2 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- weight50 kg
- height5 ft