Stanley Kubrick was an American filmmaker known for his work in films like The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, and many others. Considered to be the greatest filmmaker of all time, Stanley Kubrick began his career as a photographer. He is considered to be among the most important contributors to world cinema in the twentieth century. His first film was ma documentary named Day of the Fight which he made by putting away all his savings in the year 1951. Kubrick has left a legacy of cinema behind him and as a tribute, BAFTA renamed its Britannia lifetime achievement award to the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award.
Stanley Kubrick was born on July 26, 1928
Kubrick died on March 7, 1999, at the age of 70 in Childwickbury Manor, England due to a heart attack.
Manhattan, New York City, United States
Childwickbury Manor, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Kubrick studied in William Howard Taft High School and later on attended evening classes at City College of New York.
Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Photographer
- Father – (Late) Jacob Leonard Kubrick (Homeopathic Doctor)
- Mother – (Late) Sadie Gertrude Kubrick
- Siblings – Barbara Mary Kubrick (Younger Sister)
- Others – (Late) Hersh Kubrick (Great Grandfather), (Late) Elias Kubrick (Grandfather), Philip Hobbs (Son-In-Law), Jan Harlan (Brother-In-Law)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stanley has dated –
- Toba Kubrick (1948 -1951) – Toba and Stanley were a high school couple and married in the year 1948 but got divorced 3 years later.
- Ruth Sobotka (1955 -1957) – Stanley and Ruth married in the year 1955 and got divorced 2 years later.
- Christiane Kubrick (1958-1999) – Christiane and Kubrick married in the year 1958 and stayed together until the latter’s death in 1999. They had 2 daughters together named Anya Renata and Vivian Vanessa.
Race / Ethnicity
He belonged to a Jewish family
- Used to construct a three-way conflict in his films
- Explore the theme of dehumanization
- Close up shots of intense emotional scenes
Stanley Kubrick Favorite Things
- Color – Red
- Food – Chinese food, Salad, and Tuna
- Movies – I Vitelloni, Henry V, Citizen Kane, City Lights, The Bank Dick
- Books – The Golden Bough, The Codebreakers, David Kahn, The Destruction of the European Jew
Source – , , ,
Stanley Kubrick Facts
- Apart from being a filmmaker, Kubrick was a great photographer and often told stories through his photograph.
- Most of Stanley’s film had slow, methodical tracking shots.
- He had a flying license but never used it as he was afraid of flying.
- Kubrick was one of the founders of the Directors Guild of Great Britain.
- He never liked discussing his own films and never watched them after their completion.
Featured Image By Instituto María Auxiliadora Neuquén / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Stanley Kubrick
- full nameStanley Kubrick
- Date of Birth July 26, 1928
- Age 93 years 3 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- weight76 kg
- height5 ft 6 in