Supercar Blondie is an Australian social media star, journalist, TV presenter, and radio host, best known for her YouTube channel “Supercar Blondie” which has amassed a fanbase of more than 2 million subscribers and more than 100 million views, dedicated entirely to vlogging and showcasing luxurious cars. Alex created the channel on September 12, 2007, but published her 1st video on November 22, 2015, titled My Bentley ride with the Emirati Comedian – BinBaz!!!. She continued uploading vlogs in the same fashion, visited car shows in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, continually announced the launch of new car models to the market, and featured custom lavish cars such as Batventador, a custom Lamborghini Aventador.
Besides driving her own Lamborghini and Ferrari cars, Alexandra has also showcased unique car models such as the world’s biggest limousines or the world’s most expensive cars. In addition, she had the privilege to drive cars such as the original Batmobile from the movie Batman (1989) as well as cars from the 1st movies from well-known franchises The Fast and the Furious (2001) and Back to the Future (1985). Before she launched her YouTube channel, Alexandra was a radio show host for the Dubai Eye 108.8 station until April 2017. In that period of time, she had the chance to interview actors , , , and others. In 2018, her Facebook page was deemed the fastest-growing automotive page, while in 2019, she was named “Best in Vlogging” at the Cosmopolitan Middle East Influencer Awards.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Alexandra attended the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, and studied business and journalism.
Her husband Nik acts as her manager.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra Mary Hirschi has dated –
- Nik Hirschi (2003-Present) – She and her husband Nik celebrated their 16-year anniversary on January 24, 2019. The two became a couple during the time she started working as a journalist in Australia and moved together to Dubai, the United Arab Emirates in 2008. For Valentine’s Day in 2018, Nik also gifted her a Ferrari 488 Spider with 1k roses inside, which was on her list of “top supercars to buy” and fulfilled her wish that way. The video went viral and was featured in numerous magazines and online portals across the globe.
- Strong cheekbones
- Beautiful eyes
Supercar Blondie has endorsed brands such as –
- Edel & Stark
- Lotus Cars
- W Motors
- Power Horse
- SB by Supercar Blondie Clothing
- The Peninsula Signature Events
- Barbagallo Perth
- Carbonov Design
- JetClass | Business Jet Airline
- MG Customs Garage
- Superior Car Rental
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
- Automobili Pininfarina
- ES Luxury Car Rental Dubai
- Black and White Car Rental USA
- Body Pros Auto
- Prestige Imports
- Pagani Automobili
- Ford Motor Company
- Manhattan Motorcars Inc.
- SIDCHROME Tools
- Aston Martin Turkey
- YENİKÖY MOTORS
Alexandra also attended a charity event for the Artists for Peace organization in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in December 2018, and sat behind .
Best Known For
- Her YouTube channel, “Supercar Blondie”, entirely dedicated to her love for lavish cars, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 2 million subscribers
- Her social media fanbase with more than 7.5 million followers on Facebook and more than 4 million followers on Instagram
First TV Show
Alexandra made her first uncredited TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode of the documentary, news series GRIP Das Motormagazin in June 2018. The episode aired on TV RTL II, and she got the chance to present 2 car models – Bugatti L’Or Blanc and La Ferrari Aperta.
Alexandra is a big fan of extreme sports. She tried out skiing for the 1st time while in Dubai in late 2015, after 7 years spent as a resident. She also loves , especially the mountain biking activity, and went down the Omani Grand Canyon in November 2018. Alexandra also loves the adrenaline rush of zip lining and has tried out the worlds’ longest zip line that stretches over a distance of 2.8 kilometers and takes 2 minutes to finish in 2018 as well.
Supercar Blondie Favorite Things
- Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Instagram
Supercar Blondie Facts
- Her mom once took her to Los Angeles, California, United States for her birthday in a stretch limo. Both, she and her dad have a passion for lavish cars as well.
- She met on the red carpet for an event in November 2014. Alex made eye contact with him and wished him luck on an upcoming game that he was supposed to play.
- In 2017 and 2019, she drove laps with The Stig, an anonymous character who has a racing helmet covering his face, originating from Top Gear, British racing TV series.
- Alex was named Esquire magazine’s “Middle East Influencer of the Year” in 2018.
- In March 2018, Alex was listed as one of the “50 Most Influential Women In The Arab World” by Arabian Business, a weekly business magazine. In 2019, they named her one out of the “30 Most Influential Women in the Arab World”.
- The 1st car she drove was a Mitsubishi Lancer.
- She feels a huge rush of adrenaline while driving supercars and finds herself laughing almost hysterically sometimes.
- Cars such as Ferrari 488 GTB, Ferrari 488 Spider, McLaren 570s and 540c, Bentley GT3R, GT Speed and V8s, Mercedes AMG GTS, and Lamborghini Huracan present just a small portion of the ones she drove.
- When asked about what made her stand out, Alex stated: “Instead of reviewing a car, I upload my experience of that car, from a layman’s point of view. I am not an automotive journalist. I provide insight into the supercar culture and what it’s like to drive these incredible cars in a light, fun way.”
- A moment that changed her life happened during a trip with Supercars Club Arabia. She and 60 other supercar owners were escorted by Dubai Police’s supercars from the border, followed by a helicopter overhead. The feelings that took over her body at that exact moment made her quit her job on the radio immediately and start her social media career full-time.
- She gets her style influence from friends around her. However, Alex always chooses comfort and functionality over looks because she has to drive a lot on a daily basis.
- Alex prefers recording short-form social media videos, preferably of 1 to 2 minute in length because people don’t have 10 to 20 minutes to watch a full video anymore.
- One of the things she misses about her home country of Australia is wild animals that are everywhere. The 1st time she went back to Australia in March 2018, she saw a big snake on the veranda of her parents’ home.
- Alex ran into at an airport in Huston, Texas, United States in February 2019. She used the opportunity to discuss social media success with her.
- Alex had almost identical dogs named Mugi and Pumpkin, but Pumpkin passed away on July 11, 2019.
- She was on the cover of Playboy magazine in July 2019 but with all of her clothes on. Her goal was to empower other women and send a message that they can be powerful and noticeable without being n*ked.
- Alex collaborated with for a 7-second challenge video in August 2019.
- She announced she would be hosting a TV show titled Car Crews, starting in late August 2019 on WatchInsightsTV.
- Visit her official website @ supercarblondie.com.
- Follow her on , , , , and .
Featured Image by Supercar Blondie / Instagram
Facts of Alexandra Mary Darvall
- Gender Female
- full nameAlexandra Mary Darvall
- middle nameMary
- nicknamesAlex, Supercar Blondie, That Girl With The Cars
- birthplaceBrisbane, Queensland, Australia
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAustralian
- net worth$2.4 million
- professionSocial Media Star, TV Presenter, Radio Host, Journalist
- weight58 kg or 128 lbs
- height5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
- eye colorIce Blue
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeQueensland University of Technology
- sistersKate Darvall, Nina Darvall