Sydney Tamiia Poitier is an American film and television actress who is best known for being the daughter of veteran actor Sidney Poitier and Canadian actress Joanna Shimkus. However, she has also garnered a name for herself with appearances in various films and television shows such as True Crime, Hood of Horror, The List, Clinical, Noah’s Ark, Veronica Mars, Grey’s Anatomy, Homecoming, and Carter. Moreover, she has also amassed a huge fan base with 150k followers on Instagram.
Sydney is represented by ICM Partners and Thruline Entertainment (Management).
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sydney has dated –
- Dorian Heartsong (2012-Present) – Dorian Heartsong and Sydney got married in June 2012. The couple has 1 child, a girl who was born in either late 2014 or early 2015.
- Oblong facial structure
- Thin lips
- Curly and long hair
Sydney Tamiia Poitier Facts
- She was brought up in Los Angeles in a large and prominently known family.
- Sydney is the youngest of 7 siblings.
- Her father Sidney is the first black actor who received the Academy Award for “Best Actor”.
- Her ancestors migrated from Haiti as part of the runaway slaves who settled in the maroon communities throughout the Bahamas.
- Sydney’s last name “Poitier” is of French origin.
- According to her Twitter handle, she is an avid Netflix watcher.
- In 2001, People Magazine featured her on their “50 Most Beautiful People” list.
Featured Image By Sydney Tamiia Poitier / Instagram
Facts of Sydney Tamiia Poitier
- Gender Female
- full nameSydney Tamiia Poitier
- middle nameTamiia
- birthplaceLos Angeles, California, United States
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAfrican ,Bahamian, Lithuanian and Irish
- net worth$5 million
- weight57 kg or 125.5 lbs
- height5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeNew York University
- motherJoanna Shimkus Poitier
- fatherSidney Poitier
- sistersAnika Poiter