When it comes to fan favourite television medical dramas, Grey’s Anatomy is the show which always comes to our mind first. Our celebrity today is Mr. T. R. Knight, who is most famously known for the role of Dr. George O’Malley, which he played in the show and is one of the most fan-favorite characters.
Well, how well do you know about T. R. Knight? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about T. R. Knight’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about T. R. Knight to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Theodore Raymond Knight was born on the 26th of March in the year 1973. He was born to a couple in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Shirley and Wayne Knight. He made his acting debut at the age of five in a Christmas carol. He used to work at a Supermarket with his brother named Red Owl. He finished his schooling at the Academy of Holy Angles, and then he joined the University of Minnesota but shortly dropped out of it to pursue a career as an actor.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is T. R. Knight in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, T. R. Knight’s age is 48 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 26 March 1973. Though, he is 5′ 8″ in feet and inches and 173 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 158.7 lbs in Pound and 72 kg in Kilograms
T.R. Knight attended Annunciation Catholic school in Minneapolis up to grades K-8. He finished his high schooling at from Academy of Holy Angles which is situated in Richfield. When he was a freshman and apprentice at the Children’s Theatre, he was handpicked for the Conner’s Foundation Scholarship programme. After finishing high school, he enrolled at the University of St. Thomas, but after a while, he did not continue with his course, and he left the course to follow his dreams of becoming an actor and went to New York.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
T.R. Knight is gay and is totally open about it. He used to date Mark Cornelsen, but their relationship did not work out; in 2013, he married Patrick Leahy, and the couple is happily married for the past eight years.
Is T. R. Knight Gay?
Yes, T.R Knight is openly gay. He married Patrick Leahy on 5th October 2013, and they are happily married for the past eight years.
T. R. Knight has had an outstanding career; he has managed to earn multiple awards for his performance over time. He is most famously known for his role as George O’Malley on ABC network’s famous medical drama television series called Grey’s Anatomy. At the dawn of his career, he dropped out of the course he was pursuing in University and went to New York City to try acting on stage. He had performed in multiple Broadway and off-broadway plays.
He was nominated for the drama desk award for outstanding featured actor in a play category. In 2005, he was cast as Dr. George O’Malley on ABC’s medical drama, and he played the character for the five seasons of the show, and ABC confirmed that he wouldn’t be returning for the sixth season. He also starred as Leo Frank in a Parade production musical, which started on 4th October 2009. He then returned to Broadway, and in 2010 he worked as a voice actor for the character Sir Cedric of the animated series Brave Knight.
- In the year 2020, he was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series.
- In the year 2007, he was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- In the year 2007, he was nominated for the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
- In the year 2006, he won the Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- In the year 2005, he was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of T. R. Knight in 2021
As of 2021, T. R. Knight’s net worth is about $4 Million. He has earned a ton of money through his work in television series, mostly from Grey’s Anatomy.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- He was nominated for the Drama Desk Award for his role in the off-Broadway play Scattergood.
- He had played a role in Charlie Lawrence, the Nathan Lane series that sadly lasted only two episodes.
- He was a groomsman at the wedding of Grey’s Anatomy costar Katherine Heigl in the year of 2007.
- One of his dream roles was to play Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet and fortunately, hr got the chance to play a role in the year 2013 in an Off-Broadway production.
In conclusion, we could write that T.R Knight had a successful career and his portrayal of Dr. George O’Malley in Grey’s Anatomy brought him worldwide fame. He has worked in many musicals and plays, and he had also received multiple awards for his performance over the years.
Facts of Theodore Raymond Knight
- Gender Male
- full nameTheodore Raymond Knight
- birthplace Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Date of Birth March 26, 1973
- Age 48 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- net worth$4 Million
- professionActor, Voice Artist
- weightIn Kilograms – 72 Kg, In Pounds – 158.7 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 173 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 8″
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlack
- high schoolAcademy of Holy Angles