Tate Martell is an American football player who plays for the Miami Hurricanes. Before joining the Hurricanes, he previously played as Quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes football team at Ohio State University from 2017 to 2018.
Tate Martell is represented by his team Miami Hurricanes.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tate Martell has dated –
- Tall Stature
- Thin Lips
- Square-shaped Jawline
Tate Martell Facts
- He grew up in the San Diego area where he started playing Pop Warner football at the age of 7. At the time, he caught the attention of Washington coach Steve Sarkisian who managed Martell and got him to commit at the age of 14.
- As a senior, Martell was the Gatorade “Football Player of the Year” when he led his team to a 15-0 record, passing 2,362 yards, 41 touchdowns, rushing 1,253 yards, and 21 touchdowns. After he transferred to Bishop Gorman, he scored 45-0 as a starter and ended 2nd in Nevada history with 7,510 passing yards and 113 touchdowns.
- He was rated by Scout as a five-star recruit and ranked as the second-best dual-threat quarterback, fifth-best quarterback of any type, and 56th best player overall in his class.
- Originally, he committed to the University of Washington when he was only 14 years old but changed his commitments to Texas A&M University in 2015. In May 2016, he changed his commitments to Ohio State University.
- When he started his freshman season as a redshirted, he fought for the starting role in spring camp but only served as Dwayne Haskins’s backup. In Ohio State’s opener against Oregon State, he finished 3 passes for 33 yards on 4 attempts. It was followed by a match against Rutgers Scarlet Knights where he secured his first career touchdown with a 51-yard pass to Terry McLaurin and a 47-yard touchdown run. Overall, he appeared in 6 games for the Buckeyes in 2018 and finished the season with 269 passing yards, 1 passing touchdown, 128 rushing yards, and 2 rushing touchdowns.
- In 2019, Martell formally announced through social media that he would be transferring to Miami, Florida. At the time, he sought a hardship waiver to be immediately eligible to transfer since the NCAA transfer rules would never allow him to. On March 19, 2019, a waiver was granted by the NCAA, making him eligible to play for Miami in 2019. On August 12, 2019, it was announced through the Miami Football Twitter page that redshirt freshman quarterback Jarren Williams defeated Martell for the quarterback role. Therefore, Martell had to switch his role as a quarterback to a wide receiver.
Featured Image by Tate Martell / Instagram
Facts of Tathan Martell
- Gender Male
- full nameTathan Martell
- birthplacePoway, California, United States
- Date of Birth January 26, 1998
- Age 23 years 10 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAmerican
- net worth$1 million
- professionFootball Player
- weight95 kg or 209.5 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorGreen
- body type / buildAthletic
- high schoolDesert Pines High School
- collegeOhio State University