Teddy Geiger is an American musician, singer-songwriter, and record producer best known for her debut album Underage Thinking which peaked on number 8 on US Billboard chart. Her debut song, For You I Will (Confidence) also became a success. She has also provided vocals to songs like These Walls, Look Where We Are Now, Seven Days Without You, and many more. In October 2017, Teddy announced that she is beginning with her transition. She has a strong growing fanbase with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Teddy went to McQuaid Jesuit High School till her junior year. She later graduated from Pittsford Sutherland High School.
Teddy is represented by Ollie of Spark Music Group.
Alternative Rock, Pop Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums
- Columbia Records (2005–2008)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Teddy has dated –
- (2007-2009) – Actress Emma Stone started dating Teddy in 2007. The couple was spotted together on quite a few occasions. The couple broke up in 2009.
- Madi Diaz – As per her past Instagram posts, Teddy seemed to have been in a relationship with American singer-songwriter and musician Madi Diaz. The couple posted pictures with each other regularly, however, it slowed down since the time Teddy revealed her transitioning process. The two never confirmed their relationship.
- (2018-2019) – Teddy made her relationship with Schitt’s Creek star Emily Hampshire public through her Instagram in September 2018, as she posted a picture of Emily with a loving caption, calling Emily her dream. They were first spotted together when Emily posted a picture on her Instagram in August 2018, just hanging out at a photo booth. Post that, they got engaged which was announced in November 2018. But, this relationship also saw an end in June 2019 after 7 months of engagement.
She was born a male but she converted to female.
- Short hair with bangs
- Beauty mark on the left cheek
Best Known For
- Her album Underage Thinking which peaked on number 8 on US Billboard chart
- Transitioning from a male to female
Teddy’s first album was Underage Thinking, which released on March 21, 2006. The album was positively received and it peaked at number 8 on US Billboard charts.
Teddy made her theatrical film debut in the American comedy film The Rocker as Curtis in 2008.
First TV Show
Teddy made her first TV show appearance on the reality TV show In Search of the Partridge Family in 2004.
Teddy Geiger Favorite Things
- Film – Rushmore (1998)
- Book – Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Teddy Geiger Facts
- She started playing guitar when she was just 8 years old.
- Teddy first gained popularity in 2004 when she became a finalist on the VH1’s reality series In Search of the Partridge Family.
- In 2005, she opened for ‘s summer Still Most Wanted tour.
- Her first single For You I Will (Confidence) got positive reviews from fans and critics who called it “sweetly romantic” and that it contained “sophisticated lyrics”. It was also nominated at the Teen Choice Awards in 2006 for the “Best Love Song” category.
- Her debut album, Underage Thinking was the “Best Album of the Year” at the MusiqTone music awards in 2006.
- She was also featured on the cover of Seventeen magazine in 2006.
- Teddy was the co-writer of the famous song Stitches by from his debut album, Handwritten.
- On October 27, 2017, Teddy announced the news of her transition via Instagram after a fan questioned her why she looked different. She started her transition in early October.
- In an interview with People magazine, she said that she wanted to be a girl since she was 5 years old.
- It was reported by Page Six that Teddy began her hormone replacement therapy in November 2017.
- In an interview, she said that she prefers feminine pronouns but would keep her present name Teddy even after the transition.
- She made her first appearance as a trans woman in 2018 at BMI Pop Awards where she was awarded for co-writing Shawn Mendes’s hits Mercy and There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back.
- She has also penned down songs for famous artists such as Shawn Mendes, , , Empire of the Sun, , , and .
- Visit her official website @ www.teddyxo.com.
Featured Image by Teddy Geiger / Instagram
Facts of John Theodore Geiger II
- Gender Female
- full nameJohn Theodore Geiger II
- nicknamesTeddy, Teddy<3
- birthplaceRochester, New York, United States
- Date of Birth September 16, 1988
- Age 34 years 8 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- net worth$2 million
- professionMusician, Singer-Songwriter, Record Producer
- weight68 kg or 150 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolMcQuaid Jesuit High School
- motherLorilyn Geiger
- fatherJohn Geiger
- sistersRachel Geiger
- favorite moviesRushmore (1998)
- favorite booksEnder’s Game by Orson Scott Card