Tee Grizzley is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who shot to fame with his debut single titled First Day Out (2016) which was launched just after his release from a prison sentence in October 2016. The song was first premiered on YouTube and crossed the mark of 2 million views within 3 weeks. It also peaked at number 13 on the US Rap charts and was certified ‘Double Platinum’ by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). The song’s popularity landed him record deals with 300 Entertainment and Atlantic Recording Corporation in 2017. Tee Grizzley’s first 2 solo studio albums titled Activated (2018) and Scriptures (2019) both made it to the ‘Top 10’ of the US Rap charts. Both his first 2 mixtapes named My Moment (2017) and Still My Moment (2018) peaked in the ‘Top 20’ of the US Rap charts.
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
He is represented by Affluent Management Team, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States.
Hip Hop, Rap
- 300 Entertainment
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Grizzley Gang
- Def Jam Recordings
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tee Grizzley has dated –
- Celina Powell (2017)
- Bulky frame
- Dreadlocked hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Wears a necklace with the words ‘Grizzley Gang’ embossed on it
Tee Grizzley Facts
- He was brought up by his grandmother as his parents were constantly in and out of prison. In 2011, when he was 17 years old, his mother was sentenced to 15 years in prison on charges of drug trafficking. A year later, his father was murdered.
- He began developing interest in rap music while he was in middle school and formed a group called All-Stars Ball Hard with his friends, JR, Po, and Lee.
- While he was studying at Michigan State University, he was undergoing financial difficulties and consequently began robbing dormitories with a friend named Jeremy Ford. In February 2014, the duo stole electronics and money worth USD 20k.
- Tee was caught and later released by the authorities, pending investigation. He then fled to Kentucky and was arrested with 2 other men following an attempted robbery at a jewelry store in Lexington, Kentucky. Tee was sentenced to 9 months in prison and an additional 18 months to 15 years were added to his sentence for his misdemeanors at Michigan State University. He was eventually released from prison on October 16, 2016.
- At the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards, he was nominated in the category of ‘Best New Hip Hop Artist’. His first mixtape named My Moment (2017) was also nominated in the category of ‘Best Mixtape’.
Featured Image by Tee Grizzley / Instagram
Facts of Terry Sanchez Wallace Jr.
- Gender Male
- full nameTerry Sanchez Wallace Jr.
- nicknamesTee Grizzley, ASBH Tee
- birthplaceDetroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
- Date of Birth March 23, 1994
- Age 27 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAfrican-American
- net worth$1.5 million
- professionRapper, Singer, Songwriter
- weight95 kg or 209.5 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeMichigan State University
- motherLatoya “Twink” Perry
- fatherTerry Sanchez Wallace Sr.
- brothersMar Mar Wallace