Tim Southee is a New Zealand international cricketer who has made a mark for his country in all 3 formats of the game, with his nippy outswing bowling and more than handy contributions lower down the order with a bat in hand. He made his international debut at the age of just 19, in February 2008, after making heads turn with a Player-of-the-Tournament performance at the 2008 Under-19 World Cup. Tim’s crowning performance came at the 2011 ODI World Cup where he was the 3rd highest wicket-taker, picking up 18 wickets in unhelpful conditions, and helped New Zealand reach the semi-final. He was also a member of New Zealand’s World Cup squads that finished runners-up in both 2015 and 2019.
Timothy Grant Southee
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
Tim graduated from the Whangarei Boys’ High School and then studied at King’s College in Auckland.
- Father – Murray Southee
- Mother – Joanne Southee
- Siblings – Mark Southee (Brother), Jane Southee (Sister)
38 – Test Match, ODI, T20I, IPL
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim has dated –
- Brya Fahy (2011–Present) – Tim first met makeup artist and stylist Brya Fahy in 2011 and they began dating soon after. They got married and have 2 daughters together (b. 2017, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
- Lanky frame
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a light stubble
Tim Southee Favorite Things
- Pace Bowlers – , Curtly Ambrose
Source – TheCricketMonthly.com
Tim Southee Facts
- He excelled at both cricket and rugby during his school days and played representative rugby for Auckland Secondary School as well as New Zealand’s Northern Region team.
- At the end of the 2007–08 domestic season, New Zealand’s first-class cricketers voted Tim as the country’s ‘Most Promising Cricketer’.
- He made his Test Match debut aged only 19 years and 102 days and made it an occasion to remember with splendid performances with both bat and ball. He took a 5-wicket haul and then reeled off a score of 77 not out from just 40 balls. It was New Zealand’s fastest Test match half-century at that time, coming in just 29 balls. His innings also included 9 sixes and at that time only 4 cricketers had hit more sixes in an innings in the history of Test Cricket.
- In a December 2010 match against Pakistan, he became only the 3rd player and 2nd New Zealander, to take a T20I hat-trick. His spell of 5/18 was also honored by the ICC (International Cricket Council) with the ‘Twenty20 International Performance of the Year’ award.
- During a Friends Life T20 match for the English county team Essex in 2011, Tim recorded figures of 6/16, including a hat-trick. Those were the best figures at that time in the history of Essex in the T20 format.
- He was named ‘T20 Player of the Year’ by New Zealand Cricket (NZC) for the 2010-11 season. He was also named in the ‘World Test XI’ by ICC in 2014.
- Tim’s sensational 7-wicket haul in a round-robin league game against England at the 2015 ICC World Cup, was named as Wisden’s ‘ODI Spell of the Decade’.
- In a rare turn of events, Tim found himself bowling 2 super overs (tie-breakers in T20 games) in the super 8 stages of the World T20 in 2012 – against hosts Sri Lanka and eventual champions West Indies. Unfortunately, New Zealand lost both games and crashed out of the tournament.
Featured Image by Tim Southee / Instagram
Facts of Tim Southee
- full nameTim Southee
- Date of Birth December 11, 1988
- Age 32 years 11 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- weight82 kg
- height6 ft 4 in