Tina Knowles is an American businesswoman and fashion designer who is known for her clothing lines House of Deréon and Miss Tina by Tina Knowles. She is also the powerhouse behind the success of her two tremendously talented daughters, Beyoncé and Solange Knowles, in the music industry. A self-made successful businesswoman, Tina Knowles started her career as a makeup artist and later opened her very own salon which soon gained all the deserved attention and popularity in Houston, Texas. She has also always supported her daughters in their professional as well as personal pursuits and served as the costume designer for the girl group, Destiny’s Child. Moreover, Tina Knowles has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram.
Houston, Texas, United States
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tina Knowles has dated –
- (1979-2011) – Tina Knowles began dating record executive, talent manager, and businessman, Mathew Knowles in January 1979, and the couple got married on January 5, 1980, in Galveston, Texas, United States. They were blessed with their first child, a daughter named , on September 4, 1981. Beyoncé has become a successful artist and is counted as one of the best singer-songwriters of her time. A few years later, the duo welcomed their 2nd child, a daughter named , on June 24, 1986. Solange has also pursued a career in the entertainment industry as a singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress. However, after being together for almost 3 decades, Tina Knowles and Mathew Knowles decided to head separate ways as she filed for divorce in 2009, stating “discord or conflict of personalities” which prevented them from “reasonable expectation of reconciliation” as the reason. The divorce got finalized in December 2011.
- Richard Lawson (2013-Present) – In 2013, Tina Knowles started going out with actor Richard Lawson. After being together for a while, they decided to take their relationship to the next level and tied the knot on April 12, 2015. After the marriage, she became stepmother to Richard Lawson’s daughter, actress , with his ex-wife Denise Gordy. They have since been together and can often be seen attending several events together.
- A mole on her chin
- Deep set eyes
Best Known For
- Her clothing lines named House of Deréon and Miss Tina by Tina Knowles
- Being the mother of singers Beyoncé and Solange Knowles
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram
First TV Show
Tina Knowles made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode, titled Destiny’s Child, of the biographical documentary series, Intimate Portrait, in December 2001.
Tina Knowles Favorite Things
- Church Song – Total Praise by Richard Smallwood
Source – wzakcleveland.com
Tina Knowles Facts
- When she was around 19 years old, Tina Knowles began her career pursuits by shifting to California to work as a makeup artist for Shiseido, a Japanese multinational personal care company. Later, she had to move back to her parents when they fell ill.
- She has worked as a choreographer for UAB in Birmingham, Alabama. Later, she served as a beautician until 1990 as that was the year when she opened a salon named Headliners in Houston, Texas.
- She became very popular with her salon which became one of the most successful hair businesses in Houston.
- When Beyoncé was young and the money was limited, Tina Knowles used to make outfits for her as well as her groupmates which they wore during several events and performances.
- As the girl group Destiny’s Child commenced on their path to success and fame, she worked as the costume designer for the group.
- In her book, Destiny’s Style: Bootylicious Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Secrets From Destiny’s Child, which was published via HarperCollins in 2002, she has talked about the manner in which fashion affected the success of Destiny’s Child.
- In 2004, Tina Knowles launched the clothing line named “House of Deréon” alongside her daughter, Beyoncé. The name of the label was inspired by the name of Tina’s mother, Agnes Deréon.
- In November 2010, she promoted her clothing line “Miss Tina by Tina Knowles” on the talk-show, The View, in which she appeared alongside Beyoncé.
- Initially, her clothing line was available on the Home Shopping Network but she eventually expanded it to Walmart.
- Tina Knowles has said that her style aims to “hide flaws and create a slimming silhouette”. She has also revealed that “Everything is created like a foundation garment, even the dresses. The pieces are designed to make the woman look leaner and taller.”
- In the former part of the year 2010, she again collaborated with Beyoncé and opened the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the Phoenix House in Brooklyn, New York City, New York.
- She has appeared in a number of shows such as Taff, The Show, The Show, Biography, The Early Show, , The Mo’Nique Show, The Insider, Entertainment Tonight, and The Doctors.
Featured Image by Catherine Servel / Tina Knowles / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Célestine Ann Beyincé
- Gender Female
- full nameCélestine Ann Beyincé
- middle nameAnn
- nicknamesTina Lawson, Tina Knowles, Tina Beyincè
- birthplaceGalveston, Texas, United States
- Date of Birth January 04, 1954
- Age 69 years 5 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundLouisiana Creole, African, French, Acadian/French-Canadian, as well as distant Irish, Spanish, and Breton
- net worth$25 Million
- professionBusinesswoman, Fashion Designer
- weight60 kg or 132 lbs
- height5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorHazel
- body type / buildSlim
- motherAgnès/Agnèz DeRouen/Deréon
- fatherLumis Albert Beyincé/Buyincé
- brothersLumis Joseph, Melvin Marsh Jr.