Tommy Thayer is an American musician and songwriter who is better known as the lead guitarist of the hard rock band Kiss and the lead vocalist of the band Black ‘n Blue. During his time with Kiss, he had released 6 studio albums namely, Hot in the Shade (1989), Revenge (1992), Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions (1997), Psycho Circus (1998), Sonic Boom (2009), and Monster (2012).
He self-manages himself.
Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tommy Thayer has dated –
- Amber Peek (2006)
- Devin DeVasquez
- Tall Height
- Greek Nose
- Plump Lips
Tommy Thayer Facts
- At the age of 13, his interests in playing the electric guitar were fueled after he grew passionate about the early 1970s hard rock bands. After graduating from high school, he went on to play in various local garages and club bands which later led him to form his own group alongside singer Jaime St. James, leading to the creation of the band’s name Black ‘n Blue.
- His band Black ‘n Blue reached major heights during its early years and became a huge hit as one of the top choices in Hollywood’s rock clubs. Shortly after, the band went on to sign a major worldwide recording contract with Geffen Records.
- In 1994, the album America the Violent recorded by Thayer and Los Angeles rock band Shake the Faith had been released in Japan.
- Following the 2002 performance held in Trewlany, Jamaica, he then officially became the lead vocalist for the band Kiss.
- In 2003, he joined the 70-piece Melbourne Symphony Orchestra for a concert event at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne, Australia.
- Thayer co-wrote 3 songs from their chart-topping studio album Sonic Boom which was released in October 2009 and peaked at no. 2 on the Billboard magazine album chart.
- On January 1, 2013, his Epiphone Les Paul signature model “Spaceman” guitar was released. In October of the same year, it was announced that its first batch of 1,000 guitars was already sold out. Another Epiphone signature model called “The White Lightning” Les Paul was released on January 1, 2015. In December 2016, it was announced that 1,500 guitars limited-edition run was sold out.
- Between 2006 and 2007, he managed to set up new musical instruments that were to be donated to jump-start ailing school band programs in Oregon.
- He donated all royalties earned from the sales of his Hughes & Kettner signature guitar amplifier to the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles in high hopes to support the medical needs of sick and injure children.
- In 2012, he took part in the organization of the fundraising event called “All-Star Salute to the Oregon Military” which reportedly marked the five-year $20 million capital campaign to raise funds to support the new Oregon Military Museum that would be named in honor of his father, Brigadier General James B. Thayer Sr.
Featured Image by Oregon National Guard / / CC BY 2.0
Facts of Thomas Cunningham Thayer
- Gender Male
- full nameThomas Cunningham Thayer
- birthplacePortland, Oregon, United States
- Date of Birth November 07, 1960
- Age 61 years 0 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAmerican
- net worth$10 million
- professionMusician, Songwriter
- weight84 kg or 185 lbs
- height6 ft 2.5 in or 189 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAthletic
- high schoolSunset High School
- motherPatricia Thayer
- fatherJames Thayer