Tony Dokoupil is one of the most prominent CBS broadcasters and one of America’s best journalists. He is also known for the book he has written called “The Last Pirate – A father, his son and the golden age of Marijuana.” His reporting has been broadcast on all the networks of CBS News Broadcast.
Well, how well do you know about Tony Dokoupil? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Tony Dokoupil’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Tony Dokoupil to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Tony Dokoupil was born on the 24th of December in 1980 in Connecticut, United States, to a couple named Ann and Anthony Edward Dokoupil. Ann was a school teacher while Anthony was a marijuana dealer. His parents, along with him, moved to Miami soon after he was born. When he was six, his mother and Tony relocated back to Maryland.
He was raised mainly by his mother. He went to his primary school there, and then upon completion of school, he moved to Washington DC to pursue his higher studies in business; he graduated first in his class and then moved to New York to study media.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Tony Dokoupil in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Tony Dokoupil’s age is 51 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 24 December 1980. Though, he is 5′ 8″ in feet and inches and 173 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 154 lbs in Pound and 70 kg in Kilograms.
He completed his schooling at Severna Park High School. He graduated as a first-class student at George Washington University in Business Studies. He then went to Colombia University to pursue Media Science.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Tony Dokoupil married his long-term girlfriend Katy Tur, NBC News Correspondent. They got married on 27th October 2017. They have two children named Theodore and Eloise Dokoupil. It is also said that he has another marriage before Katy, and he and his ex-wife have two children together, out of which one of them is called Tony Jr. It is said that Tony and his ex-wife divorced back in 2013. Currently, Tony’s ex-wife and his two sons stay in Tel Aviv, Israel. Tony’s two boys are aged eleven and Seven, respectively.
Is Tony Dokoupil Gay?
No, Tony Dokoupil is not gay. He married his long term girlfriend Katy Tur and also have two children together. He was also married to another woman before and had two boys with her. So we can say that Tony Dokoupil is straight.
Tony Dokoupil started his career in the year of 2007. He was a senior writer in Newsweek Magazine and also on the website known as Daily Beast. After three years with them, Tony Joined MSNBC as its correspondent. In September of the year 2013, he joined NBC News as a Senior Writer and stayed there for two years. He joined CBS News in August of 2016 and is still working there.
Tony has been nominated for the Daytime Emmy in the year 2019 for the “Outstanding Morning Program,” but he did not win it that year yet. In the year 2020, he and his team won the Daytime Emmy for his program named “CBS This Morning.”
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Tony Dokoupil in 2021
As of 2021, Tony Dokoupil’s net worth ranges to $5 million. In the US, a CBS News Reporter receives $62,000, and the senior writer receives around $75,000 annually, so we can say that Tony at least gets a salary of 137,000 USD.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Tony Dokoupil had a previous marriage.
- His first son is named Tony Jr.
- Tony and his ex-wife got divorced in the year 2013.
- Tony’s Ex-wife is said to be a UN representative of Israel.
- Tony Dokoupil, the dad, was a renowned drug dealer and used to sell Colombian Weed.
- At the end of his book, Tony wrote that “If you smoked Colombian weed in the 80’s I owe you a Thank You, Card.”
- Tony went to school with George Bush’s Grandsons.
- Tony graduated first in his class at George Washington University.
- Tony was doing a Ph.D. Program when his professors recommend him for an unpaid internship at Newsweek, where he was later hired.
- Tony’s show ‘CBS This Morning’ is one of the most successful American television shows.
Tony Dokoupil is one of the most successful journalists on American television. He started working with CBS News in the August of 2016, and he is there to date. He has no plans of stopping anytime soon.
Facts of Tony Dokoupil
- Gender Male
- full nameTony Dokoupil
- birthplaceConnecticut, United States
- Date of Birth December 24, 1980
- Age 40 years 9 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- net worth$5 Million
- professionJournalist, Author, Screenwriter
- weightIn Kilograms – 70 Kg, In Pounds – 154 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 173 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 8″
- hair colorBrown
- eye colorBlack
- high schoolSeverna Park High School, Maryland