Vetrimaaran predominantly works in the Tamil film industry. His first film as a director was Polladhavan (2007). He owns a production company named Grass Root Film Company. One of his films named Visaaranai (2015) opted as India’s official entry to Academy Awards. Previously, he was working as an assistant director with Balu Mahendra.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vetrimaaran’s name has been linked with –
- Aarthi (1998-Present) – Aarthi and Vetrimaaran met for the first time near Loyola College, Chennai in a tea shop. Even though Vetri noticed Aarthi, he purposely doesn’t turn towards her which made her feel bad. After spending time together for a long time, it was Aarthi who expressed her love towards Vetri in 1998. Vetri replied that she should wait another 10 years for them to get married. He also added that she can part her way if she doesn’t feel like waiting for him anymore. Aarthi casually accepted Vetri’s condition regarding their marriage as she doesn’t think it would take 8 years for them to get married. The couple has a daughter named Poonthendral.
Dedication towards work
Vetrimaaran Favorite Things
- Film Maker – Akira Kurosawa
- Hobby – Cricket
- Books – ,
Source – , ,
- He doesn’t like to be identified as an artist, even though he is a film director. According to him, a filmmaker shouldn’t make his film as art for art’s sake. He also states that a film is first science and commerce and then art.
- He is a movie buff and used to watch almost all the movies in his school days. Vetrimaaran used to bunk classes and watch the same films for even 3 or 4 times. Then, he would narrate the whole story to his friends, also he was very good at narrating a film more than a film could do.
- Vetrimaaran joined YMCA school in Chennai for his higher secondary education only to become a cricketer. During those days, YMCA was the only school in Chennai which had a physical education group. When it came to to the under-16 cricket state selection, he was not selected in the team. It was then he realized that cricket was only his hobby and it was only to escape from his father he thought to take up cricket as his career.
- According to him, his sister is his source of motivation. His sister always remains as an inspiration and would say for all his movies that nobody could direct a movie as he does so.
- His father always wanted Vetrimaaran to become an engineer. Due to his father’s strong decision regarding his career as an engineer, Vetrimaaran started creating an aversion towards engineering from his childhood.
- Vetrimaaran strongly believes that a film has the power to influence society for good or bad. Also, according to him, a film will hugely affect the audience which depends on how the director handles the film.
Featured Image by Silver Screen / SilverScreen.in / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Vetri Maaran
- Gender Male
- full nameVetri Maaran
- birthplaceCuddalore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Date of Birth September 04, 1975
- Age 46 years 2 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- professionFilm Director, Film Producer, Screenwriter
- weight68 kg or 150 lbs
- height5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeLoyola College
- motherMegala Chitravel
- fatherDr. V. Chitravel