Vic Mensa is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and activist who’s signed to Roc Nation. He first came to prominence after becoming a member of the group Kids These Days which disbanded in May 2013.
Victor Kwesi Mensah
Chicago, Illinois, United States
He attended Whitney M. Young Magnet High School.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Activist
He self-manages himself.
Hip Hop, Punk Rock
- Roc Nation
- Def Jam
- Closed Sessions
- Virgin EMI
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He has Ghanaian ancestry on his father’s side and White American ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Big Lips
Vic Mensa Favorite Things
- Restaurants in Chicago – Mr. Brown’s Lounge, Litehouse Whole Food Grill, Batter & Berries, JJ’s Fish & Chicken, Irazu
Vic Mensa Facts
- He started his career in the music industry with his band Kids These Days in 2009. Following the disbandment of his band in May 2013, he went on to release his debut solo mixtape Innanetape.
- He founded the Hip-Hop collective Savemoney which includes longtime collaborator . Mensa is also the founder of the SavemoneySavelife foundation which fights American racism and funds 3 programs in Chicago, all of which are focused on health and arts.
- In June 2014, his debut single Down on My Luck was released under Virgin EMI. The single was serviced to urban contemporary radio in the United Kingdom on May 12, 2014. On that same day, the music video for the single was also released. On June 6, 2014, it was then released for digital download in international markets by Virgin EMI.
- In July 2017, his debut studio album The Autobiography was released. This album featured guest appearances from Weezer, Syd, The-Dream, , Joey Purn, Pharrell Williams, , , and . Following its release, it debuted at no. 27 on the US Billboard 200 chart and sold more than 15,000 copies on its first week.
- In 2014, he performed with Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn at the Governors Ball Music Festival, during which he performed the track, Clint Eastwood.
- On September 18, 2013, it was announced that he would be joining and on the What Dreams May Come Tour. After the tour was over, he then toured Europe with on February 21, 2014, and it ended on March 8, 2014.
- He was picked to be on the cover of XXL for the “Freshman Class of 2014”.
- On February 12, 2015, debuted the song Wolves at his Adidas Originals showcase. The track featuring Mensa and was also performed on Saturday Night Live‘s 40th anniversary.
- In April 2015, Roc Nation announced that Vic had officially signed to them. At the time, a video of him signing the deal with backstage during his On the Run Tour in Chicago had been released on Tidal.
- In late 2015, he received a nomination for “Best Rap Song” during the 58th Grammy Awards. It was a nomination he earned for co-writing West’s single All Day.
- On February 8, 2016, it was revealed that he would be joining and as part of ‘s “WANGSQUAD” campaign.
- His collaborative single No Chill with was released on iTunes on February 19, 2016.
- Mensa has performed as the opening act on ‘s Purpose World Tour in Europe.
- On July 13, 2017, Mensa released another collaborative work Wings with and Saul Williams.
- In June 2019, he debuted 93PUNX, a Punk Rock Rap group with their debut single Camp America, featuring children in cages in an ICE-inspired video.
Featured Image by Coup d’Oreille / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Vic Mensa
- full nameVic Mensa
- Date of Birth June 06, 1993
- Age 28 years 6 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- weight70 kg
- height5 ft 8 in