Vikrant Massey is an Indian film and television actor who has appeared in numerous TV shows including Balika Vadhu (2009-2010) and Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo (2010-2011). He shot to fame by playing the lead role in 2017’s critically acclaimed movie A Death in the Gunj directed by which fetched him a Filmfare Awards nomination in the category of “Best Actor – Critics”.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Versova, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He attended St. Anthony’s High School in Versova. He then went to R. D. National College of Arts & Science in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Father – Jolly Massey
- Mother – Meena Massey
- Siblings – Mohsin Massey (Older Brother)
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sheetal Thakur (2019) – He got engaged to actress Sheetal Thakur in November 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- Zatak Deo
- FINOLEX LED
- Khazana Jewels
- Samsung Galaxy
- Idea 4G
Vikrant Massey Favorite Things
- Food – Home-cooked dishes including a lot of vegetables, curd, rice and Rotis slathered with ghee
- Fitness Program – Working out 4 days a week
- Belief Regarding Workout – The state of our bodies is dictated by the core consisting of our back and legs, and if they are strong, then you can work longer and live longer.
- Important Exercises – Squats and deadlifts
- Guilty Pleasures – Sweets especially the baked Rasgullas of Kolkata, Chaats of Mumbai
- Pastime – Traveling, Playing cricket and video games
Source – ,
Vikrant Massey Facts
- He began to work on stage with small-time dancing and theater performances when he was only 7 years old. Vikrant received a lot of support and guidance from his teachers and his school principal, and he was able to take up performing arts as a career choice at a very young age.
- He had trained in ballet dancing and has worked with Shiamak Davar in the past.
- The neighborhood of Versova where he resides has been very much familiar to him from the days it used to be a fishing village. He has been brought up in that locality and even went to school there. He has stated that he grew up with the local Koli boys and went on many trips with them into the sea in fishing boats. Those experiences taught him survival and helped him attain success in life.
- During his college days, he was once with his friends at a restaurant when a casting agent had come up to him and offered him a role in a TV show. He was not ready to resign from a stable job that was earning him INR 1,500 a month. However, the makers of the show named Contiloe Films, offered him INR 6,000 per day of the shoot. Massey has explained that he was the younger sibling in a middle-class family and extra earnings were always welcome. He himself was financially independent but taking up this chance meant helping everyone by supplementing the household income.
- Vikrant debuted on television with the show Kahaan Hoo Main in 2004.
- He has performed in main roles in the web shows Mirzapur (2018) and Criminal Justice (2019).
- Massey has stated that he is grateful to God because he always wanted to be an actor and he has felt lucky to get so much love and blessings from everyone around.
Featured Image by Raina Chopra / / CC BY-SA 4.0
Facts of Vikrant Massey
- full nameVikrant Massey
- weight68 kg
- height5 ft 5 in