Losing weight is very challenging which requires not only to change in lifestyle and diet but also needs a bit of patience.
Table of Contents
Top 10 ways to lose 20 pounds in a week
- One of the easiest and effective methods for losing 20 pounds in seven days
- You can lose your 20 pounds weight when you use more calories than you take in either by reducing your intake of by increasing physical activities
- Counting calories can be effective if it is paired with other diet and lifestyle modification
Drink More Water
- Increasing your water intake is the most simple way to enhance losing your 20 pounds with less effort
- The research shows that water may boost up your weight loss by amplifying the metabolism, increasing the calories temporarily which your body burns after eating
- Drinking water with meals can also keep you feeling full hence reduces your appetite and intake
- Drinking at least 3-4 liters of water per day can give the best result for weight loss.
Increase Protein Intake
- The inclusion of protein rich food in your diet is very necessary for losing your 20 pounds weight
- Protein reduces the appetite and calorie intake and hence is associated with decreasing belly fat, as well as preserved muscle mass and metabolism in weight loss.
Ban Sugar, Junk Food and Other Processed Food
- Do not eat sugary item and junk at late night
- You can have one piece of dark chocolate after dinner
Limit Your Carb Consumption
- Refined carbs devastate its nutrient and fibre contained during its processing resulting in the nutrient-poor final product
- Carbs contain a high glycemic index which means it can be digested and absorbed quickly resulting in increased appetite
- Consumption of a high amount of carb is also associated with increased body fat and body weight
Eat More Fibre
- Eating fibrous food enhances satiety and has great benefit in losing your 20 pounds
- Additionally, digestion of fibre takes time so it keeps you full for a longer time
- You can also make a routine of taking five types of veggies and three types of fruit per day in order to increase fibre intake
- Fibrous foods are low in calories, boost up the bowel movement and help to enhance the immunity
- Like physical exercise and your diet routine, sleeping time also plays a vital role in weight loss
- A single night of sleep deprivation can increase the level your hunger hormones which could result in weight gain
- Minimize the intake of caffeine before bed and make a sleeping routine and stick to it strictly
Start Weight Lifting
- Adding weight lifting in your routine can help you boost up the burning of fat and metabolism to burn more calories while even in rest.
- Start doing gym or doing bodyweight exercise at home like squats, planks and lunges
- You should take at least 10000 steps a day, so take a walk every one hour, walk to and from office or ride a bicycle to keep your metabolism enhanced throughout the day
Slow and Mindfulness Eating
- Eating slowly and mindfully can help you increase weight loss and decrease intake while also allows you to enjoy your food.