Whitney Wolfe Herd is an American entrepreneur who is best known as the co-founder of the dating application Tinder and as the founder and CEO of the location-based social and dating application Bumble. The growth of Bumble and its expansion with the launch of BumbleBFF (app for finding friends) and BumbleBizz (professional networking app) has seen the company being valued at more than USD 1 billion. Whitney was named by the Business Insider magazine in its list of ’30 Most Important Women Under 30 In Tech’ in 2014 and was featured in Forbes magazine’s ’30 Under 30′ list in both 2017 and 2018. In April 2018, she was named in the coveted “TIME 100” List.
Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
Boyfriend / Spouse
Whitney has dated –
- Justin Mateen (2012-2013) – Whitney began dating Tinder co-founder Justin Mateen in 2012, the year she joined the company. The couple broke up a year later, however, and she even sued Justin alleging s*xual harassment and workplace discrimination.
- Michael Herd (2014–Present) – Whitney first met restaurateur and oil-and-gas business executive Michael Herd in late 2013 when both of them were on a vacation with their respective families in Aspen, Colorado. They were introduced to each other by a mutual friend and began dating in January 2014. The couple eventually got married in 2017 in a lavish private ceremony in the Italian village of Positano. They have a son together named Bobby (b. November 2019).
- Shoulder-length hair
- Petite frame
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Whitney Wolfe Herd Favorite Things
- Adventure Sport – Skiing
- Tech Accessories Brand – Anya Hindmarch
- Speaker Brand – Sonos
- Apps – Bumble, Wag!, Dark Sky, Amazon Prime Pantry, StockX
- Hobby – Cooking
Source – ,
Whitney Wolfe Herd Facts
- When Whitney was in 4th grade, her family went on a sabbatical to Paris and she learned to speak French fluently during the trip.
- While she was in college, she began a business operation that used to sell bamboo tote bags to help people affected by the disastrous accident that came to be known as the BP oil spill.
- Whitney joined the team behind the dating app Tinder in 2012 when the app was still in its incubation stage and soon became the organization’s vice-president of marketing. She is often credited with coming up with the app’s name and reportedly took the idea for the app’s popular flame logo from the fact that she used to use tinder (small sticks) to light the fire at her father’s fireplace.
- Her handling of the company’s marketing department has also been acknowledged for the growth in the app’s user base, especially at campus colleges. She eventually left the organization in 2014, partly due to tensions with other senior executives and was reportedly given more than USD 1 million in settlement along with additional shares in the company.
- She moved to Austin, Texas after that and founded Bumble in December 2014 intending to give women more control than traditional dating apps. Within a year, the app had recorded more than 15 million unique conversations and 80 million matches.
- Whitney has been featured on the cover of magazines such as Forbes, Fast Company, and Wired UK.
- In March 2019, she testified before the Texas House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee about issues relating to unsolicited and explicit photos sent to female users on dating applications.
- The funding for the UK-based gay dating app Chappy comes from Whitney and Bumble.
- In November 2019, Bumble‘s parent company MagicLab was sold to the private equity firm The Blackstone Group. Whitney was made the CEO of MagicLab with 19% ownership of the company, which reached a valuation of USD 3 billion.
Featured Image by Whitney Wolfe Herd / Instagram
Facts of Whitney Wolfe
- Gender Female
- full nameWhitney Wolfe
- birthplaceSalt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Date of Birth July 01, 1989
- Age 32 years 4 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- net worth$500 million
- professionEntrepreneur, Business Executive
- weight56 kg or 123.5 lbs
- height5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorGreen
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolJudge Memorial Catholic High School
- collegeSouthern Methodist University
- motherKelly Wolfe
- fatherMichael Wolfe