Yoshihiro Tajiri is a Japanese professional wrestler and promoter who gained worldwide recognition after his performance in the Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and World Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Entertainment. He has compiled numerous titles including the ECW World Television, WCW United States, WWE Tag Team, World Tag Team, the Jr. Tag Battle of Glory, and the Gaora TV Championships. He has been signed under All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW) and has also wrestled on the independent scene in Japan.
He is represented by On and On Co., Ltd.
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Tomoe Tajiri – He tied the knot with Tomoe Tajiri.
- Stout, solid body
- Dimpled smile
Yoshihiro Tajiri Favorite Things
- Food – Sumo wrestler food named ”Chanko”
- Restaurant – TGI Friday’s
- Pastime – Drinking beer during the daytime
- His Childhood Hero – The Great Muta from whom he got the idea of his “Tajiri mist”
Source – , , ,
Yoshihiro Tajiri Facts
- In his youth, he got trained to be a kickboxer and his 1st dream was to attain success in that field. Ultimately, it was the freestyle wrestling of Mexico that convinced him to enter the Animal Hamaguchi Wrestling Gym, which later came to be considered as one of the finest wrestling schools in Japan.
- He has been mainly known under the ring name Tajiri that was at times stylized as “TAJIRI.” He has also wrestled under his own name as well as under the name “Kikkoman” and worked as the masked “Aquarius” in Mexico and Japan.
- Initially, Tajiri performed as a face, without any particular ring character on display. This changed when he joined ECW where he adopted his heel “Japanese Buzzsaw” ring persona and started to display a rather brutal, deranged character with an intention of inflicting pain on his rivals instead of winning the duels.
- His “Tarantula submission hold” consisted of a rope-hung Boston crab, where Tajiri himself used to hang upside down over the top rope. When Tajiri adopted the heel character in 1998, he started to wear baggy pants so that the audience would not be able to see the length of his foot that contacted his opponent’s chest when he would deliver his “Buzzsaw Kick” on his rival, which would usually end the match.
- Tajiri’s use of the “Asian mist” from the late 1990s became one of his trademark moves. During his duels, he would spray a mist of water and green food coloring in the face of his rival who would find the mist to be blinding.
- After his stint in WWE got over in 2005, he got involved in several Japanese promotions such as the New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), Hustle and Pro Wrestling Noah (Noah), and he also became the promoter as well as the featured wrestler for the Smash promotion and Wrestling New Classic (WNC).
- He has penned his autobiography titled Tajiri: The Japanese Buzzsaw that got released in December 2003 in Japan, where he has written about his wrestling career from the Mexican and Japanese circuits to the ECW and WWF/WWE. The whole book has been in Japanese and it is the 1st book published by WWE that is in a non-English language.
- After his wrestling career, Tajiri moved into quite a different world and ventured into acupuncture.
Featured Image by Mike Kalasnik / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Yoshihiro Tajiri
- Gender Male
- full nameYoshihiro Tajiri
- nicknamesThe Japanese Buzzsaw, Kikkoman
- birthplaceTamana, Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan
- Date of Birth September 29, 1970
- Age 51 years 8 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundJapanese
- professionWrestler, Promoter
- weight85 kg or 187.5 lbs
- height5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildMuscular
- favorite foodSumo wrestler food named ”Chanko”