Zac Posen is a world-renowned fashion designer. He has dressed many celebrities like Reese Witherspoon, Naomi Watts, Uma Thurman, Natalie Portman, Rihanna, Amanda Seyfried, Kate Winslet, Claire Danes, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Mischa Barton, Beyoncé Knowles, and Katie Holmes. He also won the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Swarovski’s Perry Ellis Award for Womenswear in 2004. Zac has also written a cookbook, titled Cooking with Zac. He has over 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Twitter, and over 500k followers on Facebook.
New York City, New York, United States
Zac Posen attended Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn and graduated in 1999. He joined the pre-college program at Parsons The New School for Design at the age of 16. When he turned 18, he joined the London’s Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design at the University of the Arts London for a degree program in Womenswear.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zac Posen has dated –
- Christopher Niquet (2008-Present) – Since 2008, Zac has been in a relationship with French fashion editor, Christopher Niquet. The pair shares an apartment in the SoHo neighborhood of Lower Manhattan.
- Curly hair
- Wide forehead
- Lean figure
Zac Posen has promoted brands like –
- Moda Operandi
- Delta Air Lines
He was raised in a Jewish household.
Best Known For
- Dressing famous celebrities for red carpet on numerous occasions like for Academy Awards (2012), and for Golden Globe Awards (2013), for Met Ball (2013), for Golden Globes (2014), for Emmy Awards (2014) and for 2014 AMA Awards (2014). Other celebrities who frequently flaunt his designs are , , , , , , , , , and .
- Appearing as one of the judges /guest judges in the Project Runway series from 2006 to 2017
In 2018, he made his theatrical film debut as himself in the action comedy film, Ocean’s Eight. However, he was not credited for his part.
First TV Show
In 2000, he made his first TV show appearance in the series, In Fashion.
Zac Posen Favorite Things
- Way To Unwind – Soak sesh in an Epsom-salt-infused tub
- Kitchen Tools – Williams Sonoma spatula and large multi-pronged hand whisk
- Restaurants In Paris – Chez l’Ami Louis, Vivant Paris, Takara
- Restaurants In London – Sheekey, The Ivy, The Wolseley
- Restaurants In New York – Le Bernardin, La Grenouille, The Grill, Omen Azen, EN Brasserie, Russ + Daughters
- Restaurants In Los Angeles – Chow, The Polo Lounge, Spago, La Scala, Joan’s on Third.
Source – , , TheNewPotato.com
Zac Posen Facts
- He grew up in lower Manhattan in the SoHo neighborhood.
- As a child, he would make dresses for dolls from yarmulkes from his grandparents’ synagogue.
- Growing up, he ate noodle soup, seaweed, pizza, salty licorice, and chocolate mousse and avoided red meat and spicy foods.
- He did an internship with fashion designer Nicole Miller during his sophomore year.
- When he was a teenager, Zac won the Scholastic Art and Writing Award.
- He worked under the mentorship of curator Richard Martin at The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art for 3 years.
- In 2005, worked as an intern for Zac at The Gallatin School of Individualized Study.
- He has considered actress Stella Schnabel his muse.
- He has collaborated with brands like Monogram, MAC Cosmetics, Target, and Delta.
- In 2004, he won the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Swarovski’s Perry Ellis Award for Womenswear.
- In February 2014, Zac got together with the retailer, David’s Bridal, to produce a line of affordable bridal gowns called Truly Zac Posen.
- He was chosen as the Creative Director for Brooks Brothers in 2014.
- Zac co-wrote a cookbook with Raquel Pelzel titled “Cooking with Zac: Recipes From Rustic to Refined” which was released by Rodale Books on October 10, 2017.
- Zac Posen supports organizations like St. Jude’s, the LGBTQIA community, and City Harvest.
- He has also contributed as an ambassador for The AIDS Foundation.
- In 2015, Women’s Wear Daily and Variety Magazine named Zac Posen as the Designer of the Year.
- He owns one dachshund and 2 miniature poodles.
- Visit his official website @ www.zacposen.com.
- Follow Zac Posen on and .
Featured Image by Zac Posen / Instagram
Facts of Zachary E. Posen
- Gender Male
- full nameZachary E. Posen
- birthplaceNew York City, New York, United States
- Date of Birth October 24, 1980
- Age 42 years 11 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundWhite
- net worth$15 million
- professionFashion Designer, Author
- weight71 kg or 156.5 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAthletic
- collegeLondon’s Central Saint Martins College
- motherSusan Posen
- fatherStephen Posen
- sistersAlexandra Posen