Zaya Wade is an American photographer and Instagram star. She is best known as the daughter of a former professional player, Dwyane Wade. Zaya has also amassed a fanbase of more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Zion Malachi Airamis Wade
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Sierra Canyon School, a private K-12 school in Chatsworth, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Photographer, Instagram Star
- Father – (Former Professional Basketball Player in the NBA)
- Mother – Siohvaughn Funches (Counselor, Author, Public Speaker)
- Siblings – (Older Brother) (Basketball Player, Entrepreneur)
- Others – (Step-Mother) (Actress, Model), Dahveon Morris (Cousin) (Basketball Player), Xavier Zechariah Wade (Younger Half-Brother), Kaavia James Union Wade (Younger Half-Sister), Kodhmus McDaniel (Paternal Uncle), Demetris McDaniel (Paternal Uncle), Darnell McDaniel (Paternal Uncle), Deanna Wade (Paternal Aunt), Tragil Wade (Paternal Aunt), Dwyane Wade, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Jolinda Wade (Paternal Grandmother), Willie Mae Morris (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Frank Funches (Maternal Grandfather), Darlene Funches (Maternal Grandmother), LeAnna Woods (Maternal Aunt) (Deceased), Jason Bolden (Godfather) (TV Personality, Wardrobe Stylist), Adair Curtis (Godfather) (TV Personality, Stylist)
Zaya Wade is represented by her parents.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Pink’ in the past.
Zaya Wade has endorsed brands such as –
- Mars Reel
- THE FUTURE IS ON MARS
- 800 Degrees Miami
Zaya Wade Facts
- Her parents initiated a divorce in 2007, the year she was born. It was finalized in 2010 after a lengthy court battle.
- Zaya was hospitalized at the Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in November 2015 due to an undisclosed illness.
- Zaya is a member of her high school’s cheerleading squad.
- She knew her gender identity from the age of 3. She only came out to her family at the age of 12 and asked them to use “she/her” pronounce and call her Zaya.
- In February 2020, after an LGBT community parade, Zaya publicly came out and stated: “I identify as a young lady. I think I’m a straight trans (girl) because I like boys.” Both her father and stepmother fully supported her decision.
- In response to her coming out, rapper tweeted “GOD DON’T MAKE MISTAKES but hey live your true self” for which he was heavily criticized, prompting him to delete the tweet.
- Her father admitted to using the wrong phrases and words about the LGBTQ+ community in the locker room. After she was born, Dwyane realized he had to evaluate his values and do research to be ready to have “the” conversation one day.
- She walked her 1st red carpet as Zaya at The 6th Annual Better Brothers Los Angeles Truth Awards in March 2020.
- She photographed her stepmother, Gabrielle, for the June 2020 digital issue of SELF magazine. Zaya described the experience “pure bliss” and expressed the desire to continue pursuing photography.
Featured Image by Zaya Wade / Instagram
Facts of Zaya Wade
- full nameZaya Wade
- Date of Birth May 29, 2007
- Age 14 years 6 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- weight50 kg
- height5 ft 4 in